Our second post on matching your winter skincare routine to your skin type comes from Victoria Levy, a Beauty Stylist right here in Seattle. She spills her tricks for winter radiance when–like her–you have normal-to-sensitive skin, and enjoy a little extra time to sleep in on chilly mornings.
Beauty Stylist: Victoria Levy, Seattle, WA
Skin Type: Normal, Sensitive
In the winter, I’m obsessed with skincare simplicity. I gravitate toward multitasking products with luxurious textures to protect my skin from the cold harsh winds while simultaneously allowing me to spend the least possible amount of time in the bathroom (and as much possible time under the covers).
1. Cleanse. In the morning, instead of washing my face, I use Decléor Aroma Cleanse Essential Tonifying Lotion to tone my skin and provide a boost of hydration.
2. Treat. I then apply La Mer The Brightening Essence Intense serum–this is seriously my favorite serum EVER. I’m incredibly picky when it comes to serums, but I love the instant glow it gives my skin as well as the long-term effects. It has made such a difference in lightening my sun damage and smoothing the fine lines along my forehead.
3. Eye Care. For under my (chronically dry, dark and puffy) eyes, I splurge on 3Lab Super Eye Treatment! One bottle lasts forever–6 to 8 months in my experience–and works wonders on all of my eye concerns without irritating my allergy-prone and sensitive eyes.
4. Moisturize. Next, I use a moisturizer: La Mer the Moisturizing Soft Cream, which offers lightweight textures and soothing ingredients that absorb cleanly but still provide the lasting hydration I need to survive the weather.
5. Protect. Finally, because I’m so fair and already have existing sun damage, I always apply a generous amount of Chantecaille Ultra Sun Protection SPF 50–it also doubles as a fantastic primer and keeps my foundation flawless.
Want more expert tips and advice? Drop by the Beauty Counter at your favorite Nordstrom store or check out our Beauty Stylist page for more info on booking an appointment and live chat.