Tela Beauty Organics founder Philip Pelusi was tasked with creating the hair concept at the Venexiana fall ’14 show. Inspired by 14th-century coquettes, Philip went for a braided updo that was demure, elegant and represented the spirit of that age.
The celebrity hairstylist and designer Kati Stern do a quick interview backstage.
Philip says, “To ‘glam up’ your hairstyle and create this look at home, you’ll want to custom make a faux hairpiece. You can find different lengths, colors and textures at your local beauty supply store. Simply take two sections, twist and secure at each end. Begin to apply it to the top of your head and proceed with the easy-to-follow steps below.”
1) Use Tela’s Composer to slick hair straight back into a ponytail.
2) lace a twisted roll of faux hair like a headband behind the ears.
3) Secure with pins and wrap around the ponytail.
4) Use Composer and Tela’s Hair Gloss to smooth flyaways.
5) Divide the ponytail into two sections.
6) Twist the first section.
7) Proceed to wrap the twisted section, tuck it in on the left side of the ponytail and pin.
8) Repeat the step with the remaining section.
9) Finish with Tela’s Reduce styling spray for a smooth and polished look.
Join us backstage at all the big-ticket shows during Fashion Week.