OK, maybe you don’t have a beard. But here’s the thing: we’re betting you know someone who does.
Our policy is simple: We'll ship almost anything on our site to anywhere in the United States—even Alaska and Hawaii—for free. No minimums. No kidding.
Don't love it? Return it for free, too. We mean it.
International orders and Nordstrom Rack stores aren't eligible for free shipping. For Nordstrom Rack returns, please refer to the Nordstrom Rack Return Policy.
’Twas the season to indulge, friends, but now ’tis the season to atone. Throughout the month of January, we’ll be bringing you all sorts of Wellness Realness—information and inspiration you can use to get out of lax mode and into good-for-you mode. Or at least stop eating cookies for lunch and skipping your morning run.
Amanda Torres isn’t just part of the team of knowing voices at the other end of the line when you connect with our online Beauty Stylist program. She’s also a self-described gym rat, which makes her the perfect person to help you fill your virtual gym bag with sweat-proof beauty products for your workout.
“My love for fitness stems from a resolution-turned-reality when I lost 75 pounds between 2013 and 2014,” Torres told us. “I find myself at the gym five nights a week, and I know that even with my extensive beauty background, being beautiful at the gym can be tough!“
Notice she doesn’t say impossible. Nope. Our beauty pro has the eight products you need—and lots of good tips too. In fact, we’ll just slide on over and give her the floor.
Our beauty trend editor Kate Fannin shares 8 kinds of products and her tips to get your skin healthy and glowing this winter.
I admit it—sometimes I put my face above an open dishwasher just after it’s finished, close my eyes, enjoy the steam and imagine I’m in a fancy spa in the snowy mountains of Switzerland (this also works while steeping tea*…just be sure your face is clean, at a safe distance and you can assure any doubting onlookers that it’s all for your health).
With the overindulgent holidays behind us, we all feel a little over-glittered and a lot under-hydrated, so January is the perfect time to “plump up” your skin care (pun intended). Along with my “DIY facial,” here are a few other ideas that will help your skin detox, refresh, rehydrate and get prepped for spring beauty trends (kitchen steaming optional).
Me visiting one of the many amazing glaciers in Iceland last year!
1. No need to overthink your cleanser with Dr. Dennis Gross’s new Color Smart Cleanser—it literally changes colors as it’s working! Plus, it’s an anti-ager that’s loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants (in case you haven’t hit reset on your diet just yet).
It happens to all of us: you’re having a great time, stay a little later than planned—and indulge in a few extra sips of champagne. Beauty Stylist Marine Sargsyan from Nordstrom The Grove has a few tips and tricks that she says will “fool everyone into thinking you got a full night’s worth of beauty sleep.” Here’s her recipe for curing a beauty hangover.
1. Water, Water and Water: It’s key for a healthy glow, so keep your skin hydrated. Up your water intake throughout the night, before you go to bed and when you wake up. I add a mist to the mix. Mario Badescu has a refreshing, hydrating spray I love. Formulated simply with fragrant herbal extracts, aloe and rosewater, it’s a pleasant pick-me-up for dehydrated, tight and uncomfortable skin. Perfect for the morning after a long, fun night!
2. De-puff and Refresh: Use an eye cream that will help with puffiness and the look of fatigue. I am currently obsessed with Algenist’s eye renewal balm. This eye cream will not only help decrease puffiness, it will also hydrate the eye area. Alguronic acid, vitamin C, caffeine, cucumber, aloe and green tea extracts help to recharge your appearance all day. Bonus: it’s perfect for men and women.
3. Beige Fake-Out: Here’s a great beauty secret for a more wide-eyed look: Use a beige-colored eyeliner in the waterline. Why? This will help your eyes look brighter and more awake. Smashbox has a great eyeliner that really does the trick. Plus, it’s a self-sharpening eyeliner, so you get a precise tip every time.
4. Divert Focus to Where You Want It: Start by curling your top lashes and then load them up with your favorite mascara. The trick is to only apply mascara to your top lashes to draw attention away from any puffiness below. Lancôme Hypnôse Drama is one of my go-to mascaras for volume, length and curl. It’s a triple threat and just the thing for the morning after.
5. Bronzer and Blush: Give your skin the look of a beautiful glow by applying bronzer to the perimeter of the face and blush only on the apples of your cheeks. The NARS blush and bronzer duo is not only compact, but perfect for both early mornings and late nights!
Expert opinion alert: Beauty stylist Anthony Tippins from the flagship Nordstrom in Seattle, WA, spoke to us about six mini stocking stuffers that he considers must-haves for these dark days of winter. His comments are below, broken out
We’re not all born with a sixth sense for shadows, creams and application methods, and even the best at-home wand-wielders find themselves at a cosmetics impasse every now and again. And sometimes, well, sometimes we just want a second opinion or a fresh set of eyes. Enter our Beauty Stylists. These skincare and makeup professionals are well-versed and experienced with all the lines we carry, and they have a client-focused, nuanced approach to helping you look and feel your best.
Case in point: Patricia Wolfkill, a 55-year-old former model and longtime fashion industry multitalent. Wolfkill visited Beauty Stylist Kristen Lawson at Nordstrom Bellevue Square and we were there to document what went down.
The goal: “I think as women age, the days of no makeup and/or too much makeup end,” Wolfkill told us. “I think the biggest concern for women of a certain age is to use a light hand, but in such a way as to create some of the facial contours that diminish with age. In addition to the issue of sagging or drooping skin, the texture of the skin changes. It’s key to use makeup products that help restore—or appear to restore—that healthy, hydrated, smooth skin of our youth. That’s the goal. At least that’s my goal.”
Circus performers, psychics, pop darling Lily Allen, So You Think You Can Dance host Cat Deeley and Kim Kardashian looking positively radiant in the ‘Golden Goddess’ palette? Yes, it’s true: the Charlotte Tilbury VIP Launch Party on October 9 was a decadently gorgeous affair.
Held outside our store at The Grove in LA, Charlotte Tilbury’s Makeup Your Destiny Launch Party and two-day Beauty Festival was a carnival-themed extravaganza, including a Mesmerizing Eye Bar, a K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Lip Bar and one-on-one ‘Tilbury Transformations’ with members of the British beauty maven’s varsity squad.
The powerhouse turnout was no surprise, of course. You might recall that Tilbury crafted Amal Alamuddin’s makeup look—using the ‘Sophisticate’ eye palette and Chic to Cheek Blush in ‘Love Glow’—when Alamuddin married George Clooney. Her client list is star-studded. But devotees of the renowned expert’s holistic approach also appreciated the presence of notable naturopath Dr. Nigma, who demonstrated the incredible age-erasing capabilities of Charlotte Tilbury’s cult-status skincare line.
Our photo album is like a retroactive full-access pass. Enjoy!
No more wasting time trying out product after product to find your perfect foundation. In three easy steps, our new Foundation Guide steers you toward the one that’s just right for you. Analyzing every foundation in our arsenal, we do the legwork for you so you can find the right combination of coverage, formula and shade for your fabulously unique face. Bonus: our guide comes complete with stylist tips and advice. For even more, Live Chat with us or call 1.800.7beauty to book a free consultation with a Beauty Stylist at your favorite Nordstrom.
Kate Fannin, our beauty trend editor, knows how much we all covet a terrific tan during the summer. Here, she explains how to get that beach babe bronze without the harmful side effects.
Me soaking up the rays during my swim team days.
Remember when you were on the neighborhood swim team and were more concerned about your cheesy one-piece than the long-term effects of the sun? (See my 15-year-old self above for reference.) What I wouldn’t give to have that perfect tan shade again, albeit in a much SAFER way. Good news—you totally can, and with no chlorine or kickboard required. Here are some quick steps and picks for achieving the perfect “swim team” tan without risking serious sun damage:
1. Get Ready: Use a great body exfoliator or soap in the shower to prep the skin (shaving also helps). Some good options include Kate Somerville ‘ExfoliKate® Body’ Intensive Exfoliating Treatment or Fresh Seaberry Exfoliating Soap.
2. Get Set: Use a lotion or cream around areas that are susceptible to absorbing too much product (i.e., the often-dry parts) like heels, ankles, knees and elbows. A few of my faves are Estée Lauder ‘Nutritious’ Energy Lotion, L’Occitane Almond Milk Concentrate and Clinique Deep Comfort Body Moisture.
3. Tan!: With so many new formulas available, there’s definitely one for everybody—and every body! (Or face!) Check out Xen-Tan ‘Absolute Luxe’ Dark Lotion. It’s non-greasy and has no icky self-tanner odor—it even has Scent Secure technology to make sure. Also, St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse is a good bet—you can’t argue with an Allure “Best of Beauty” winner AND 5-star customer ratings!
One last tan tidbit…
If you’re in a hurry or traveling, try one of my “hall of fame” self-tanning favorites: Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pads—travel-friendly towelettes that exfoliate AND give a gorgeous tan all in one! Use at night (after shower and before bed), and by morning, you’re gorgeously tanned and guaranteed to score compliments about your glowing skin! Best of all, they come in both face and body options.
And that’s my (tan) take!
Every year for our Anniversary Sale, CLARISONIC comes out with an exciting new pattern for its incredible skincare devices, which are exclusive to Nordstrom. This year, there are bright summery solids and pretty tropical patterns to give your skincare regimen a pop of colorful energy. We have a handful of different devices to choose from (including the coveted PLUS device), so you can pick one that’s right for your skin’s specific needs, and every set comes in a splashy travel bag to store your device and accessories.
CLARISONIC takes cleansing to the next level by using sonic technology to gently yet deeply cleanse pores without abrasion or harsh chemicals. It’s like a mini-massage for your face every morning. The devices remove six times more makeup than manual cleansing. This allows products to absorb better, meaning that your skin gets more from the skincare ingredients you already use. With consistent daily use, the CLARISONIC device will reduce dry skin patches, oily areas and blemishes, and it will instantly leave skin feeling and looking smoother. Like a mini spa treatment, it’s the perfect way to give yourself a little daily indulgence.