Our beauty trend editor, Kate Fannin, gives us the scoop on the latest from Trish McEvoy.
I’ve been fortunate to meet the legendary Trish McEvoy several times, and I’m always impressed by her grace, humor and true passion for beauty (not to mention her very cool NYC loft offices, which are always wonderfully scented with one of her signature fragrances). She also has some amazing products, so I was very excited to try one of her latest—the two-in-one Beauty Booster Lip and Cheek Color.
As you’ve guessed, you can use it on lips and cheeks, and let me assure you that it really works well on both. The chunky, twist-up pencil has a super-silky texture that adds just the right amount of color (and a hint of shine) on the lips but also blends seamlessly on cheeks (perfect for those of us who can quickly get heavy-handed). These Beauty Boosters are great for travel or to throw in a clutch for holiday parties!
Me with Trish McEvoy | Trish’s puppies
I love this picture of the beautiful Ms. McEvoy and me together, but she is so much more than just a pretty face. Here are eight reasons why Trish is one of the best in the beauty biz:
1. She invented the Makeup Planner, and they’re the must-have for beauty girls on the go.
2. Trish McEvoy brushes are extremely high-quality and luxurious—you feel prettier just using them!
3. She sometimes brings her adorable pups, Oliver and Lucy, to the office—just as irresistible as her Wild Blueberry Candle (which is the best housewarming gift, truly).
4. All her skincare is designed by a dermatologist; try the Beauty Booster Cream SPF 30 (I’ve been through at least three tubes).
5. The Brightening Eyeshadow Primer seriously delivers on brightening while also creating the perfect base for shadow.
6. We adore her signature off-the-shoulder sweaters; no matter the season, Trish epitomizes breezy chic!
7. The Instant Eye Lift is called that for a reason—if you missed some extra ZZZ’s, this is all you need.
8. Ms. McEvoy was born in Ireland, which likely explains her jovial spirit and endless charm, and why her eyes are always smiling (well, Irish genes and her award-winning mascara)!
And that’s my take,
SHOP: Trish McEvoy