Kate Moss for Topshop is here, and we’re loving the makeup in the campaign and on the model below as much as we do the clothes! Top makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury created this covetable beauty look, and we’ve got all the details so you can get it right now.
This rock-chick look is defined by a smoldering feline eye and dramatic lashes, all finished off with the perfect nude lip. Inspiration: the sex-kitten ways of Brigitte Bardot and the rock ‘n’ roll attitude of Debbie Harry.
1. Prep. Get your skin ready with a cream. Apply foundation and conceal targeted areas, including under-eye circles, blemishes or red spots. Utilize finishing powder down the T-zone to cover any pores.
2. Feline Eye. Use an eyelash curler (your secret weapon) to curl your lashes. Next, with your finger, pull the outer corner of your eye out slightly into a point to create the feline shape. Look straight ahead into a mirror and, using a black liquid eyeliner pen, draw a line until you get 3/4 of the way across your upper lash line. Mark a point on the outer corner of the eye where you want to end your line. Continue along the lash line and angle up to the outer point you marked to create a V shape along the eye. Repeat on the other eye—being sure to make another mark that’s even with the first eye. After your feline flick is complete, line your waterline with a black pencil. For a more dramatic look, add more of the black liner over the liquid liner.
3. Blend. Take a neutral grey and blend this color across the entire lid. Use a blending brush to add a darker shade of grey into the crease in a windshield wiper motion across the full eye socket. A darker shade of grey will create a smoky look under the eyelash line and along the feline flick lash line. Of course, apply mascara. Layer on more mascara for a more dramatic look.
4. Bronze. Use a powder brush and a swirling motion to apply bronzer to the temples, the forehead and the cheeks. Use the same shade in order to sculpt and carve out the cheeks by applying it right below the cheekbones.
5. Lips to Finish. Always start the lips with a neutral lip liner. If you are not sure where to put your lip liner, smile and then apply to your lip line. Add a nude lipstick on top. If you want a more matte look, add some powder over the lips.
“When I think about Topshop and I think about Kate Moss, I think about iconic, revolutionary and British.” Watch Charlotte Tilbury share her thoughts on Kate Moss and the new collection.