Charlotte Tilbury & model.
The world-class makeup artist has created her own collection, including cult-status skincare and complete makeup looks to fit any style. Check out our new Charlotte Tilbury Beauty.
Kate Fannin, our beauty trend editor, dishes on her favorite new product from Armani—and its surprising versatility.
When we meet with vendors to see all of the great new products for the upcoming season, I keep a running list of must-get-as-soon-as-they-launch items. The waiting is truly the hardest part, since we often see products many months in advance! One of the products on my cannot-come-too-soon list for fall is Giorgio Armani’s new Eye & Brow Maestro. This one’s a game-changer for sure.
M·A·C Senior Artist Cynthia Rivas introduces the new A Novel Romance Collection with a how-to guide for re-creating three different sultry looks, inspired by the tongue-in-cheek campaign imagery.
All three looks are focused around subtle pops of color against beautiful and natural looking skin, so begin each look by applying your favorite foundation and perfecting the skin. I recommend a lightweight, natural foundation, like M·A·C Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation, set with Mineralize Skinfinish Natural to give skin a romantic glow.
If you need more coverage, you can conceal any imperfections with (my secret weapon) Pro Longwear Concealer.
Once your skin is perfected, you can then focus on the rest of the look.
Seduction of a Scot
A look to make the eyes pop—for someone who isn’t afraid of color.
2. Blend Electric Cool Eye Shadow in ‘Switch to Blue’ over the lid, then soften the edges again with the brush.
3. Apply a healthy coat of black mascara. Finish by lining the waterline with Eye Kohl in ‘Fascinating’ to make eyes appear larger.
4. Apply Powder Blush in ‘Animal Instincts’ to the apples of the cheeks.
Scandal on the High Seas
A focus on the eyes using neutral tones.
1. Smooth on Pro Longwear Paint Pot in ‘Indianwood’ from lash line to crease.
2. Start with the ‘My Fantasy’ color from the ‘A Novel Romance’ Eyeshadow Palette all over your eyelids. Contour your eyes with Eyeshadow in ‘Wedge’. Line the top lash line with Fluidline Pencil in ‘Earth Sign’ to help create a fuller lash line.
3. Finish by curling lashes and applying Mineralize Multi-Effect Lash on both the top and bottom lashes.
4. Give cheeks a perfect blushing tone with Powder Blush in ‘Fun Ending’.
A soft, romantic look for every day.
1. Apply Cream Color Base in ‘Pearl’ to eyelids, and also to cheekbones for highlighting.
3. Curl lashes and apply Haute & Naughty Too Black Lash to both top and bottom lashes.
4. Apply Powder Blush in ‘Fun Ending’ to cheeks, smiling while you do so to get the cheekbones at that angle. For lips, create a kissable, stained lip look by mixing Lipstick shades ‘Myself’ and ‘Good Kisser’, and press onto lips with fingers.
Follow Cynthia on Twitter for daily beauty tips and how-tos: @MAC_Cynthia_R.
No more wasting time trying out product after product to find your perfect foundation. In three easy steps, our new Foundation Guide steers you toward the one that’s just right for you. Analyzing every foundation in our arsenal, we do the legwork for you so you can find the right combination of coverage, formula and shade for your fabulously unique face. Bonus: our guide comes complete with stylist tips and advice. For even more, Live Chat with us or call 1.800.7beauty to book a free consultation with a Beauty Stylist at your favorite Nordstrom.
Step 1. Using the Jouer Crème Eyeshadow Crayon in Abstract, lightly glide this product from the inner corner of the lash line towards the outer corner of the eye. (No need to feather this product, it’s as smooth as butter.)
Step 2. Gently lift the eyelid to expose the space between each lash and smooth the crayon in between the lashes to fill in any space. Tip: This is much easier to do before mascara is applied.
Step 3. Using the Eye Definer Brush (No.5), gently sweep back and forth over eyelid, making sure the brush is gradually blending upwards in order to give the “smoky” effect. Repeat until the Crème Eyeshadow Crayon is softened and spread out.
Step 4. Lastly, glide the Liquid Shimmer Eyeliner in your favorite shade, starting at the inner corner of the eye and working your way outward along the base of the lash line. Make sure to flick the liner brush to give it that perfect point!
Louboutin took this classic red shade straight from the signature, red-lacquered soles of his shoes and bottled it up. In fact, it’s come full circle: The idea to add that flash of red to his soles came to Louboutin after watching his assistant paint her nails in the studio.
A red for any skin tone, this gorgeous polish comes in a specially designed bottle inspired by Louboutin’s highest heel, the Ballerina Ultima. That towering cap—topping off at a combined 8 inches high and fashioned after a calligraphy pen—makes the painting application feel like an artistic experience, with a patented brush specially designed to pick up the perfect amount of polish without any air bubbles. The formula is designed to be steel-strong and long-wearing, with pigment that delivers the depth of 20 layers of traditional lacquer in just two coats.
Starting in September, we’ll begin offering all 30 additional exquisite colors to choose from. (Yes, please!)
Kate Fannin, our beauty trend editor, knows how much we all covet a terrific tan during the summer. Here, she explains how to get that beach babe bronze without the harmful side effects.
Me soaking up the rays during my swim team days.
Remember when you were on the neighborhood swim team and were more concerned about your cheesy one-piece than the long-term effects of the sun? (See my 15-year-old self above for reference.) What I wouldn’t give to have that perfect tan shade again, albeit in a much SAFER way. Good news—you totally can, and with no chlorine or kickboard required. Here are some quick steps and picks for achieving the perfect “swim team” tan without risking serious sun damage:
1. Get Ready: Use a great body exfoliator or soap in the shower to prep the skin (shaving also helps). Some good options include Kate Somerville ‘ExfoliKate® Body’ Intensive Exfoliating Treatment or Fresh Seaberry Exfoliating Soap.
2. Get Set: Use a lotion or cream around areas that are susceptible to absorbing too much product (i.e., the often-dry parts) like heels, ankles, knees and elbows. A few of my faves are Estée Lauder ‘Nutritious’ Energy Lotion, L’Occitane Almond Milk Concentrate and Clinique Deep Comfort Body Moisture.
3. Tan!: With so many new formulas available, there’s definitely one for everybody—and every body! (Or face!) Check out Xen-Tan ‘Absolute Luxe’ Dark Lotion. It’s non-greasy and has no icky self-tanner odor—it even has Scent Secure technology to make sure. Also, St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse is a good bet—you can’t argue with an Allure “Best of Beauty” winner AND 5-star customer ratings!
One last tan tidbit…
If you’re in a hurry or traveling, try one of my “hall of fame” self-tanning favorites: Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pads—travel-friendly towelettes that exfoliate AND give a gorgeous tan all in one! Use at night (after shower and before bed), and by morning, you’re gorgeously tanned and guaranteed to score compliments about your glowing skin! Best of all, they come in both face and body options.
And that’s my (tan) take!
Every year for our Anniversary Sale, CLARISONIC comes out with an exciting new pattern for its incredible skincare devices, which are exclusive to Nordstrom. This year, there are bright summery solids and pretty tropical patterns to give your skincare regimen a pop of colorful energy. We have a handful of different devices to choose from (including the coveted PLUS device), so you can pick one that’s right for your skin’s specific needs, and every set comes in a splashy travel bag to store your device and accessories.
CLARISONIC takes cleansing to the next level by using sonic technology to gently yet deeply cleanse pores without abrasion or harsh chemicals. It’s like a mini-massage for your face every morning. The devices remove six times more makeup than manual cleansing. This allows products to absorb better, meaning that your skin gets more from the skincare ingredients you already use. With consistent daily use, the CLARISONIC device will reduce dry skin patches, oily areas and blemishes, and it will instantly leave skin feeling and looking smoother. Like a mini spa treatment, it’s the perfect way to give yourself a little daily indulgence.
True to the brand’s focus on versatile, wear-anywhere makeup, Bobbi Brown has new sets to take you from day to night at the drop of a hat. The 12 mix-and-match shades in the Nude on Nude Color Set have all the essentials you need for a neutral, toned look—whether you’re going for something that’s fresh-faced and simple or something more smoldering and bold. Pair the palette with the Nude on Nude Brush Set, which is packed with four travel-size brushes, and you’ve got the ultimate kit for beauty on the go. It’s a package that lets anyone get that gorgeous Kate Upton look (she’s the newest face of the brand).