I love coloring. Seriously, give me some crayons and I will go to town. So it makes sense that I’ve always loved makeup so much; however, I almost never wear makeup during the week because I don’t see the point in wearing it to school. That might sound weird, but I’d rather sleep in those ten extra minutes than worry about my makeup. On the weekends, though, I love experimenting with different beauty looks.
- 1. Physicians Formula Tinted Moisturizer. I don’t wear cream/liquid foundation because my skin is really sensitive (but I do wear powder – see #6).
- 2. Lancôme ‘Artliner’ Precision Point EyeLiner. This is perfect for cat eyes (one of my favorite looks).
- 3. bareMinerals 100% Natural Lipcolor in ‘Bavarian Creme’. This lipstick is my absolute favorite. It goes on super smooth and the color is sublime.*
- 4. Giorgio Armani ‘Eyes to Kill Excess’ Mascara. Two coats of this and you’re good to go.
- 5. MAC Pigment. I prefer pure pigments over eyeshadow cremes. If you wet your brush a little, the color goes on and stays on. I lean towards golds and browns because my eyes are blue.
- 6. bareMinerals Customizable ‘Get Started’ Kit. I swear by bareMinerals. I use their foundation powder and mineral veil over my moisturizer; it provides coverage but isn’t heavy.
*Parfait, Plum Brulee, and Rose Crepe available at Nordstrom.
While I don’t wear makeup every day, I do wear perfume. Coco Chanel once said, “A woman who doesn’t wear perfume has no future.” I don’t think it’s quite that tragic, but I do think perfume is like a person’s signature. My two favorites are:
My final makeup advice:
– Keep cotton swabs in your purse so that you can correct smudges throughout the day.
– Always take your makeup off at night, especially mascara; I like Caudalie makeup remover best.
– Use lip liner whenever you apply lipstick; it keeps your lipstick from running.
– Don’t have blush? In a pinch, a highlighting eyeshadow works! Apply white eyeshadow as a highlighter on the tops of your cheek bones and on the little curve above your lip.
Do you have any beauty secrets? I’d love to know some of your favorites and tips!