Three of our personal stylists at the downtown Seattle store are teaming up to bring you six of their favorite trends for spring—including tips on how to wear them:
1. Color pops and neon accessories. Neons and bright colors on jewelry, shoes and handbags pack a big punch in small doses. Try pairing a neon clutch with a beige trench coat or a set of bright bracelets with a black-and-white striped shirt. (Pictured: Furla Transparent Rubber Satchel | MARC BY MARC JACOBS Puffy Bangle | kate spade Pump)
2. Caged sandals. Caged sandals make almost any outfit look current, confident and adventurous. This is definitely a type of shoe that gets noticed. (Pictured: Jimmy Choo Caged Sandal | Gucci ‘Ursula’ Sandal)
3. Clear, glossy lips. Clear lip gloss calls attention to your lips but still seems effortless and natural. Bonus: this goes with any look! (Pictured: Bobbi Brown Crystal Lip Gloss | Kate Somerville Lip Treatment + Gloss | M·A·C Clear Lipglass)
4. Camo. It really stands up to the test of time. It is tough and urban, yet casual. Try adding camo elements to more feminine apparel to celebrate the contrast. (Pictured: Free People Camo Blazer | Haute Hippie Camo Trousers)
5. Leather shorts. If you can pull off this look, why not? Leather shorts are a great reason to pull out those caged sandals, or you can wear them with a dressy T-shirt and several layered skinny necklaces. (Pictured: Milly Shorts | T by Alexander Wang Shorts | L’AGENCE Shorts)
6. Lace details. Lace is so feminine and delicate. To stop it from being overly sweet, pair it with a structured or tougher piece—like a lace top underneath a structured blazer, a lace skirt with a leather jacket, or lace where you’d least expect it, like on T-shirts or tennis shoes. (MINKPINK Tunic Shirt | Jessica Simpson Coin Purse | Tracey Reese Mixed Media Dress)
Meet our contributing downtown Seattle personal stylists:
I would describe my style as modern and on-trend, while keeping up with the latest in men’s fashion and up-and-coming brands. I am passionate about finding my customers key items to update and modernize their wardrobes. I enjoy putting together great, easy-to-wear looks. I like helping each customer bring out his or her individuality.
My style is best described as classic preppy with some modern edge. My approach to styling is very basic in concept: “dress for the occasion.” I customize my styling to each individual, making sure the fit is just right. Ultimately, I want my customers to feel good and leave with an amazing experience!
I would describe my personal style as modern and tailored. I love helping the customer find his or her signature style. I also love helping find silhouettes that show off what is positively unique about a person while creating a comfortable and supportive experience in the fitting room. Once my clients have the proper basics in their wardrobes, we then get to have fun adding the right fashion pieces to the mix.