It’s almost summer, and we’re already dreaming about the ultimate island vacation in the season to come. Before settling on which sun-splashed locale to book tickets for, we’re sharing an inspirational roundup of the best sandals for every getaway. Whether touching down in Sri Lanka, partying poolside at an all-inclusive resort or enjoying a relaxed shore-side stroll, you can count on any of these beauties to be your true island sole-mates.
With the hottest summer trends channeling faraway places, we’re dreaming of the jet-set life. To add extra eye candy to our wanderlust fantasies, we paired a few of our favorite looks with works by contemporary painters who turned their own glam globe-trotting into art.
Meet this summer’s most unexpected necessity: the bralette. More structured than a tank and less revealing than a bra, it’s one of our most coveted (and surprisingly versatile) pieces. Introducing five of our favorite ways to wear them for summer:
Knotty Peekaboo. Show just a hint of midriff and throw on a tied-up button-down. [Pictured: Frenchi Lace Bralette]
Fine Print. Femme up a tough skirt with a pretty print. [Pictured: Painted Threads Bralette.]
Tee Time. Go neo-grunge and wear it over a tee and a flirty skirt. [Pictured: Frenchi Lace Bralette]
Sporty Chic. Short shorts and wedge sneaks strike a balance that’s sleek and casual. [Pictured: Make + Model Bralette.]
Rule Breaker. Try a matched set under a wild, mismatched top. [Pictured: Frenchi Lace Bralette]
The world’s oldest, most prestigious tennis tournament, The Wimbledon Championships, is underway. This year’s courts are keeping the strawberries-and-cream-eating spectators on the edge of their seats (seven-time champion Roger Federer just went out, and it’s only day 3!). We’re eager to see if Serena Williams makes it to the finals in one of the most surprise-filled tournaments in memory.
Less exhilarating to watch—the strictly enforced all-white dress code for players when sporty chic is such a winner this summer. The trend may be off-limits to players, but you can get in the game by mixing high-energy hues, tech fabrics and pieces from your gym bag in with the essentials you already wear. You won’t be able to compete on the courts at Wimbledon looking so fresh and fab, but your wardrobe will definitely reign victorious.
Shop our Editor’s Picks to get your sporty chic game on:
Find all of our favorite trends in our Summer Steals shop. It’s got all your summery, feel-good essentials at equally feel-good prices.
Quirky symbols and simple sayings show off your silly side for a trend that’s best worn with a smile.
Work sporty details into your existing wardrobe—think breezy mesh, racerback cuts and sneaker wedges.
Romantics, take note: summer’s ladylike look is all about soft textures and dainty prints, topped off with a rosy lip.
Channel California cool with wave-ready separates, from distressed cutoffs and bikini tops to colorful flip-flops and easy accessories.
Extra-bright hues and electrifying prints take this season’s palette to the next level. Find ’em in maxi dresses, bold bags and punchy wrist candy.
What’s a super easy way to update any look? A new pair of shades. Check out our Sunglasses Style Guide; it has the best summer styles under the sun.
Kristi Berkland, one of our Personal Stylists at the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City, put together three looks for spring and summer for under $150. Check out her budget-friendly recommendations (modeled by her lovely volunteer, Whitney).
Work. Every wardrobe needs a black pencil skirt—the more fitted and forties-inspired, the better. This skirt will work all through summer and will pair with fall’s nipped-in blazers and sweaters. The top is another key story for spring with its graphic black and white pattern and easy, feminine fit.
Weekend. Whitney is wearing one of my favorite spring trends: the sleeveless jacket. This one features another big spring story with its rose print and fun moto-zip details. I’ve paired it with an unexpected dotted skinny for a fun, casual look.
Event. Whitney is ready for a summer garden party wearing a vanilla dress and sherbert pastel accessories from Savvy. The pleats and sleeve cutouts make this cream dress perfect for any warm-weather event. I’ve chosen a perforated belt and lilac crossbody to complete the outfit. A pastel crossbody is a fun and practical addition for spring and summer!
Love these outfits? Our Beauty Stylists put together looks to complement all three. Check them out on our Beauty 24/7 blog.
Get even more tips and personalized recommendations. Book an appointment with a stylist online or by calling 1.877.310.8537.
Meet Shannon, our Downtown Seattle Store Personal Stylist Manager. We tapped her to share what she and her customers are loving most for summer. Here’s a list of her top 10 favorites.
1. Trouvé Faded Denim Shirt. Denim is still in; wear it as a shirt or leave it open and throw it over a great summer dress.
2. NARS ‘Thakoon’ Nail Polish. I love these bright, fun colors! They are limited-edition, so once they’re gone, they’re gone.
3. Tracey Reese Cowl Neck Dress. Yellow is the ‘it’ color. This piece is effortless and breezy—perfect for any special occasion for summer. Need a dress to wear to a wedding? Check!
4. Sequin Small Crystal Station Enamel Bangle. Layer these on to create some chunky accents with all of your lighter pieces. You can wear one or five and create a unique look every time.
5. Ali Ro Short Sleeve Anorak. The perfect summer jacket, it’s lightweight and stylish. Transition into fall by layering a long-sleeve top underneath.
6. Ray-Ban ‘Classic Wayfarer’ 50mm Sunglasses. Who doesn’t adore these updated, casual colors? My favorite is the matte grey brown—they go with everything.
7. DVF ‘Drew Connect-Dia Jacquard’ Shoulder Bag. The perfect combination of function and trend. Get it now and be set for fall.
8. Superga ‘Cotu’ Sneakers. These are all the rage right now! Cool, classic and comfortable for everyday ventures. Choose a basic or go bold with a fun fashion color for summer and pair them with your printed bottoms!
9. Splendid Print Short. What a great way to transition into summer while staying on trend with printed bottoms. I love this pattern, because it’s subtle and easy to wear with so many things—great with a denim shirt and Superga sneakers to complete the look!
10. Johnathan Adler Gothic Rose’ iPhone Case. Our phones need updating too. I just bought this and LOVE it.
Hope everyone has a great and sunny summer!
Looking for even more recommendations for a perfect summer wardrobe? Contact Shannon or a Personal Stylist at a store near you to make a complimentary appointment.
Kudos to our Visual Merchandising Team for beautifully displaying some of the looks and trends we’re excited about this season, and showing how to incorporate them into any occasion.
We’re racking our brains to think of absolutely every possible excuse to wear this exquisite black lace Valentino tunic dress. Thankfully, the rest of our windows have inspirations—from florals and prints to color and shine—appropriate for anywhere your day or night might take you.
Which look(s) are you loving?
Clean up your fashion act with bright whites. Crisp and chic, bleached-out accents are signaling that summer is almost here.
Sporty white timepieces are popping; white stacked wedges and heels add a streamlined edge to short hemlines; milky white jewelry does any outfit good. And for the ultimate in summer style? Whitewash your entire ensemble, from head to toe.
ALDO ‘Vivolo’ Sandal
Cara Accessories Statement Necklace
MARC BY MARC JACOBS ‘Rock’ Chronograph Silicone Bracelet Watch
DIESEL Round Chronograph Silicone Bracelet Watch
Michael Kors ‘Parker’ Chronograph Ceramic Bracelet Watch
Nixon ‘The 42-20 Rubber Chrono’ Watch
MICHAEL Michael Kors ‘Griffin’ Retro Sunglasses
Dooney & Bourke ‘Davis Tassel’ Shopper
Miraclesuit ‘Jena’ One Piece Swimsuit
Oh, and you can never go wrong with a sweet West Highland White Terrier; adorable puppies are always in style.