We’ve been lucky enough to have a selection of Warby Parker’s best-in-class spectacles and sunglasses at the GQ & Nordstrom Men’s Shop in NYC this week.
If you haven’t heard about Warby Parker, here’s the gist:
- They make ridiculously attractive, vintage-inspired glasses with a contemporary twist, using only the finest materials.
- For every pair purchased, they donate a pair to people in need.
- Every pair of specs is a mere $95 (and includes free shipping, free prescriptions lenses and free anti-reflective lens coating).
- They named their company after Jack Kerouac characters.
- They let you try on 5 pairs at a time, at home, for FREE, with no obligation to buy.
Not sure where to start? Here’s an edit of five favorite men’s styles from Kaki Read of the Warby Parker team:
1. Bensen in Olivewood. “The Bensen in Olivewood is my favorite frame for men this fall. Pair it with a strong, tailored suit and a warm-colored shirt to bring out the frame’s golden highlights.”
2. Chandler in Whiskey Tortoise. “Who doesn’t like a good book, classic cardigan, and cider when the leaves turn? That’s what the Chandler reminds me of: bookish, back-to-school perfection.”
3. Clyde in Blue Marblewood. “For narrower faces, the Clyde is your go-to this season. The Blue Marblewood hue is a nice, subtle way to introduce color to your eyewear collection without going overboard. I suggest pairing with warm oranges to really bring out the frame.”
4. Thatcher in Revolver Black Matte. “You can’t go wrong with the Thatcher. It just looks good on everyone! The Revolver Black Matte shade is both classic and modern—the ideal fall travel companion when you’re left with limited luggage space and room for only one pair of sunglasses.”
5. Winston in Striped Sassafras. “Striped Sassafras is a rich, warm color for the fall months. The Winston’s killer angles pair well with sharp looks: buttoned oxfords, tweed blazers, tailored overcoats, and so on.”
Shop the styles above and many more at WarbyParker.com.
[Video, still-life photos and quotes courtesy of Warby Parker. On-figure images courtesy of fantastic people who were kind enough to tag their images #warbyparker on Instagram.]