Take a century-old, Yale-bred campus shop (J. Press), put those hundred years of heritage in the hands of two young masters of the modern menswear movement (Shimon and Ariel Ovadia of Ovadia & Sons)—and the result is an immaculate, if at times off-beat, experiment in Americana. It’s called J. Press York Street, and it’s coming soon to the Nordstrom Men’s Shop. (More on that later.)
In the meantime, we’re lucky enough to have some exclusive images by one of our favorite photographers, Evan Tetreault, from the J. Press York Street Fall 2013 presentation he attended during New York Fashion Week. Check out Evan’s work below—and a few of our favorite looks from the collection below that.
Our favorite looks—from left:
1. Beanie + repp tie + sweats. The definition of high/low.
2. Tech-parka over pinstripes. Very Maine meets Wall Street.
3. Had it with V-necks? Replace it with a rugby shirt. [Click all images to enlarge.]
More favorite looks—from left:
4. We’re into olive-green everything lately—a great neutral for pants and, obviously, sportcoats.
5. Pretty much the perfect toggle coat.
6. What to wear chopping wood when the fire dies. Or when your girlfriend forgot to take the trash out. Or under your suit next winter if you live in Michigan.