Maybe it’s a party where a tuxedo is the move. Maybe it isn’t. You’ll know. Either way you’re going to look sharp and somebody’s going to kiss you. These ten items can’t hurt.
We agree with Herschel Supply Company that there is a virtue in being truly #wellpacked, and documenting it. Because at some point while adventuring you might need to play some cuts (shout out to Bluetooth deejays). Because you never know when you’re gonna need to Gift & Go. And because cold days are way better with a flask.
Middle: Shwood Canby 54mm Wood Sunglasses | LSTN The Bowerys Cherry Earbuds | Graphic Image ‘Bottoms Up’ Flask | Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve | Woolrich Rugby Strip Merino Wool Blend Socks | Dean & Deluca Roasted Salted Cashews | Areaware ‘Eye Hide’ Small Wooden Container | Alexander Olch Pocket Round | Pokket Mixer Mini DJ Mixer | Jack Black Mr. Fix-It Antimicrobial Wound Rescue
Image by Brooklyn Benjestorf
By now, you know that our in-store Personal Stylists are always available to assist you in selecting perfect gifts or constructing killer looks for work and weekend. Today, we’ll show how a Personal Stylist can help maximize your workout routine, too—with style points to spare. Without further ado, we’ll hand it over to Marc Slenske, a Nordstrom Stylist in Arizona:
“With the New Year comes new energy—and nothing energizes me more than getting in a great workout. For starters, I have to feel my best in order to do my best. Here are my 6 essentials whether at the gym or out on the trail.”
1. A Solid Base Layer. “To control body temperature and moisture, especially on these cooler January days, quality performance fabric is a must.” [Shop: Under Armour HeatGear Long-Sleeve T-shirt]
2. Adrenaline-Pumping Tunes. “Being a drummer, nothing pumps me up more than some awesome beats. These headphones hug the ear better than any other sports headphones, and deliver crystal-clear sound.” [Shop: Beats by Dre]
3. All-Terrain Trainers. “The most important part of feeling good during a workout is to have the right shoe. This running shoe is my all-time favorite shoe to workout in. It’s flexible with a glove-like fit; not to mention lightweight. Whether it be CrossFit, a road run, or power lifting, this is the best shoe.” [Shop: Nike ‘Free Run+ 3′]
4. Short Report. “Living in Arizona, I’m still able to pull out my favorite shorts even in January!
These are comfy and easy shorts to throw on during any season of the year.”
[Shop Under Armour: HeatGear Shorts | Knit Shorts—shown above]
5. Proper Cushioning. “A lightweight, no-show sock is a must.”
[Shop: Under Armour HeatGear® Socks]
6. The Aftermath. “It’s important to prioritize the recovery period after a workout. I try to keep hydrated [Ed. note: Check out Klean Kanteen], and I always shower with this eucalyptus shower scrub; it rejuvenates your muscles and keeps them on par for your next workout.” [Shop: Jack Black Body Rehab Scrub & Muscle Soak]
Get in touch with Marc. If you find yourself in Arizona and could use a hand, drop Marc a line:
To honor a month of men’s health awareness (and experimental facial hair), we’re offering a FREE SHAVE SWAP throughout November in all Nordstrom stores.
Even if you’re trying out a dashing new follicular fashion like one of the gents above, you’ll still need to keep it clean around the edges. (We’re confident the guys at bottom-right are sporting an expertly tapered neck area under there somewhere.)
That’s where our FREE offer comes in handy: Just bring in your current shaving-product container (full, empty or in between) and we’ll replace it with a deluxe-size sample from Jack Black, The Art of Shaving, Kiehl’s or Lab Series—your choice.*
— — —
Can Your ‘Stache Make the Cut? The 2012 Beard Team Nationals nationals starts this Sunday in Las Vegas. If you’re not ready, there’s always next year. Check the World Beard & Moustache Championships official website for details—and refer to the illustrations up top to choose the category you’d like to compete in.
Top, L-R: Natural Moustache | English Moustache | Hungarian Moustache
Dali Moustache | Imperial Moustache
Middle, L-R: Natural Goatee | Fu Manchu | Musketeer | Imperial Partial Beard | Sideburns
Bottom, L-R: Amish Beard | Verdi | Garibaldi | Full Beard Natural
Full Beard with Styled Moustache
[Illustrations courtesy of the World Beard & Moustache Championships website. *In store only. Old shave containers cannot be from participating vendors: Jack Black, The Art of Shaving, Kiehl’s, Lab Series. No purchase necessary, while supplies last.]