Did you just get engaged? Congratulations! You’re starting one of the most unique and exciting times in your life—celebrating, planning and celebrating more! Make the most of it all with our 8 helpful tips below:
1. Take a deep breath, smile and say to yourself and your honey: “This will be FUN.” Make a pact to remind each other of that any time you start to feel stressed during the planning process.
2. You’ll be staring at your new bling—and showing it off—quite a bit in the coming weeks. So dress up your digits with a manicure at a Nordstrom Spa near you or DIY with a pretty polish.
3. Have an inspiration party! Get your girlfriends together to binge on bridal blogs, Pinterest and magazines. Married or single, they’ll never turn down a chance to drink wine and look at beautiful wedding ideas!
4. Start a Pinterest board…or change your secret “Someday” board to “The Big Day Is Here!” Follow us on Pinterest for endless inspiration and check out some of our other favorite boards too.
5. Look at real weddings for ideas on themes, colors, DIY projects, bridesmaid looks—and of course, wedding dresses!
6. With engagement parties, bridal showers and bachelorette parties coming up, treat yourself to a cute little white dress. Get ready to party and don’t be afraid to wear white to every event!
7. Have date-night planning sessions with your fiancé! Go out to dinner or get coffee while you talk about ideas. Budget conversations will be much more fun this way!
8. Start dress shopping! It’s never too early—even if you don’t have a venue or a date, you can start discovering what styles you love. Browse online lookbooks, find a Wedding Suite near you and make an appointment with a free Wedding Stylist. Trust us, she’ll become your bridal BFF, handing ALL of the attire for you and your wedding party!
A dress-shopping selfie is a must!
And finally, check back here for inspirational articles each day as you plan your wedding. Any questions? Comment below and we’ll give our best suggestions and advice!