In which we share these tips from makeup artist to the stars Charlotte Tilbury to help you re-create some of the fiercest looks seen at this week’s Met Ball.
Lawyer, activist and author Amal Clooney stunned at Met Gala 2015 in a crimson, sequin-embellished John Galliano for Maison Margiela dress and makeup by Nordstrom favorite Charlotte Tilbury. Charlotte has been with Amal for all her major red-carpet moments, including her wedding day to George Clooney, so naturally Charlotte was there with her for her first Met Gala red-carpet appearance as well. Read on for the straight-from-the-source tips and products you’ll need to achieve Amal’s bombshell look.
Here’s how to re-create Amal’s makeup look:
1. Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Skin Clay Mask was used to create a veil of perfection on the skin. Charlotte then applied Charlotte’s Magic Cream to the entire face followed by WonderGlow to create a flawless soft focus and an instant spotlight effect, a skin ritual that Charlotte calls “The Gift of Goddess Skin.”
2. Amal’s skin was kept looking fresh and clear of imperfections with The Retoucher Conceal & Treat Stick in 2 Fair and 3 Medium and Light Wonder Youth-Boosting Perfect Skin Foundation in 7 Medium, and rid the face of any unwanted oils with a dusting of Air Brush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder in 2 Medium.
3. Next, her brows were sculpted with the Brow Lift Three-Way Shape, Lift & Shade Tool in Cara D.
4. To accentuate Amal’s eyes, Charlotte applied the POP shade from The Dolce Vita Luxury Eyeshadow Palette across the lids. The Classic Eyeliner Powder Pencil in The Sophia was used to line the eyes along with three coats of Full Fat Lashes to create a dramatic, open-eyed look.
5. An unbeatable red carpet-worthy glow was created using Filmstar Bronze & Glow to highlight and sculpt the cheek, nose, jawline and temples, and her cheeks, which were accentuated with Cheek to Chic Swish & Pop Blush in Love Glow.
6. Amal’s lips were prepped with Lip Love Lip Renewing Honeybee Scrub and Lip Magic Rejuvenating Smoothing Balm, and then Charlotte lightly applied her new Matte Revolution Lipstick in 1975 Red (available July 29).
Model Hannah Davis attended her first Met Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on the arm of Derek Jeter wearing a sunset-red J. Mendel gown. Hannah’s beauty look for the evening was a nod to the East fused with a Western beauty influence by way of a winged-feline eye, flawless skin and a glam Dolce Vita look, accented with jewelry by Marina B, red patent leather Christian Louboutin heels, and a gilded clutch from Kotur.
Here’s how to re-create Hannah’s makeup look:
1. Hannah’s skin was prepped with the Goddess Skin Clay Mask, Charlotte’s Magic Cream and WonderGlow Instant Soft-Focus Beauty Flash Primer–essentials for flawless red carpet skin–which were applied lightly all over the face.
2. Her complexion was perfected with Light Wonder Youth-Boosting Perfect Skin Foundation in 8 Medium, and The Retoucher Conceal & Treat Stick in 2 Fair and 3 Medium were used to conceal any discoloration and imperfections.
3. Hannah’s brows were sculpted with the Brow Lift Three-Way Shape, Lift & Shade Tool in Grace K.
4. Hypnotizing eyes were created by first using the Bronzed Garnet Colour Chameleon Eyeshadow Pencil as a base colour all over the lid.
5. The Enhance shade from The Dolce Vita Luxury Eyeshadow Palette was dusted all over the lid and guided into the crease.
6. Then, the Smoke shade from The Golden Goddess Luxury Eyeshadow Palette was applied to the crease and outer lid, and the Colour Chameleon was used to further accentuate the lid for more dimension.
7. Hannah’s eyes were defined with in Rock ‘N’ Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil in Bedroom Black, flicking the liner up at the outward corners and, using the Eye Smudger Brush along with the Smoke shade from The Dolce Vita Luxury Palette along the lash line, a smokey feline-like eye began to take shape.
8. The Feline Flick Quick Fine Line Shodõ Pen was applied over the smudged liner and The Classic Eyeliner Powder Pencil in Sophia was added to the waterline to create an even more dramatic cat-like gaze.
9. Lashes were defined and amplified with Full Fat Lashes Mascara.
10. Filmstar Bronze & Glow was used to sculpt and highlight Hannah’s incredible facial framework, with a focus on her temples and cheeks which were accentuated with Cheek to Chic Swish & Pop Blush in Ecstasy.
11. Lip Magic Lip Balm was first applied to prime Hannah’s lips, which were then lined with Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk and filled in with K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Penelope Pink.
Shop all: Charlotte Tilbury makeup