For us makeup lovers, Halloween is a favorite night to get a little crazy with our brushes. Here at Nordstrom, we have an army of super-talented makeup artists and Beauty Stylists, so we met with a couple of them—along with some up-for-anything co-workers—for a mini photo shoot to create four Halloween makeup ideas. From amping up the volume on glam to letting the imagination (and eyeshadow) run wild, we’re sharing each this week to inspire getting into the spirit this October 31.
Say hello to Ambra Washington, one of our marketing project managers. Lead artist Rachael Craig is back at it again waving her beauty wands into Charlotte Tilbury’s ‘The Bombshell’ look. A classic with Charlotte’s signature feline flick, this is another stunner that’s easy and versatile–throw on some cat ears or a devil’s tail, and you’re on your way to a beautiful Halloween. Boom!
1. Prepare the skin with Charlotte’s Magic Cream, massaging the product into the skin, and then apply Wonderglow for a golden glow. Use The Retoucher on targeted areas, such as redness, blemishes and dark circles, tapping the product onto the skin for heavier coverage. Use Air Brush Flawless Finish with the Powder & Sculpt Brush tracing down the T-zone and under the eyes to eliminate any extra shine.
2. Now that you have a flawless base, take your Brow Lift and use the brush end to comb the hairs upward, revealing their natural shape. Then fill in the brows with fine strokes in the direction of the hair growth. To accentuate and lift the arch, use the central highlighter across the bottom of the brow.
3. Apply the Colour Chameleon in Amber Haze, directly from the pencil, over the whole lid taking the color up to the socket line and along the bottom lash line. Quickly use your finger to blend the color before the product sets.
4. Apply the Feline Flick along the upper lash line dragging the pen down to a point on the inner corner to elongate the eye. Three quarters of the way across the lashes stop and make a point on the outer corner of where you want the flick to go. Angle the pen and join these up, thickening the color for added drama. Take care to ensure the flicks are symmetrical on either side.
5. Define the lips with Lip Cheat in Kiss n Tell. Look into the mirror and smile, tightening the skin on the lips to see exactly where to apply the pencil. Starting on the outer corners trace the liner just outside the natural lip line. This will help cheat a fuller pout, create perfect symmetry to the lips and stop the lipstick bleeding.
6. To apply K.I.S.S.I.N.G So Marilyn lipstick you may apply the product straight from the bullet or use the Lip Brush. As the brush is squared off it helps give precision on the outer corners and perfectly angles your cupid’s bow. Use Lip Lustre in Red Vixen for a dialled up Red Carpet sheen.
7. To define your facial framework use the Sculpt shade of Filmstar Bronze & Glow. Use the Bronzer Brush in large circular motions along the cheeks, across the bridge of the nose and on the corners of your forehead. Suck in your cheeks and carve out killer cheekbones with the Powder & Sculpt Brush, bringing the brush down to define the jawline. Use the highlighter on top of the cheekbones, down the nose and lightly across the lips.
8. To finish of the eyes use Full Fat Lashes Mascara, depositing the product in the root of the lashes to give the eye as much lift as possible. Elongate the eye by using the wand at an angle, dragging the corner lashes outwards. For the bottom lashes, turn the wand vertically and use the tapered end to coat each lash.
9. Now that you have the perfect lip you can see how far you need to take the blusher. Swish the Blusher Brush around the outside shade of your Cheek to Chic: Sex On Fire and apply the color in big circular motions along the cheekbones. Use the central Pop shade on the apple of the cheek to enhance the color.
Photos: Jeff Powell | Makeup: Rachael Craig