It’s travel season, and we’re all daydreaming about vacations and long weekends and a few lazy days to come. We love looking our best, but we’re also always on the lookout for multitaskers, must-haves and travel-sized beauty products to keep packing as painless as possible. We asked a handful of our Online Beauty Stylists to let us in on their favorite destinations, some pro tips and what they pack to get away.
It happens to all of us: you’re having a great time, stay a little later than planned—and indulge in a few extra sips of champagne. Beauty Stylist Marine Sargsyan from Nordstrom The Grove has a few tips and tricks that she says will “fool everyone into thinking you got a full night’s worth of beauty sleep.” Here’s her recipe for curing a beauty hangover.
1. Water, Water and Water: It’s key for a healthy glow, so keep your skin hydrated. Up your water intake throughout the night, before you go to bed and when you wake up. I add a mist to the mix. Mario Badescu has a refreshing, hydrating spray I love. Formulated simply with fragrant herbal extracts, aloe and rosewater, it’s a pleasant pick-me-up for dehydrated, tight and uncomfortable skin. Perfect for the morning after a long, fun night!
2. De-puff and Refresh: Use an eye cream that will help with puffiness and the look of fatigue. I am currently obsessed with Algenist’s eye renewal balm. This eye cream will not only help decrease puffiness, it will also hydrate the eye area. Alguronic acid, vitamin C, caffeine, cucumber, aloe and green tea extracts help to recharge your appearance all day. Bonus: it’s perfect for men and women.
3. Beige Fake-Out: Here’s a great beauty secret for a more wide-eyed look: Use a beige-colored eyeliner in the waterline. Why? This will help your eyes look brighter and more awake. Smashbox has a great eyeliner that really does the trick. Plus, it’s a self-sharpening eyeliner, so you get a precise tip every time.
4. Divert Focus to Where You Want It: Start by curling your top lashes and then load them up with your favorite mascara. The trick is to only apply mascara to your top lashes to draw attention away from any puffiness below. Lancôme Hypnôse Drama is one of my go-to mascaras for volume, length and curl. It’s a triple threat and just the thing for the morning after.
5. Bronzer and Blush: Give your skin the look of a beautiful glow by applying bronzer to the perimeter of the face and blush only on the apples of your cheeks. The NARS blush and bronzer duo is not only compact, but perfect for both early mornings and late nights!
No more wasting time trying out product after product to find your perfect foundation. In three easy steps, our new Foundation Guide steers you toward the one that’s just right for you. Analyzing every foundation in our arsenal, we do the legwork for you so you can find the right combination of coverage, formula and shade for your fabulously unique face. Bonus: our guide comes complete with stylist tips and advice. For even more, Live Chat with us or call 1.800.7beauty to book a free consultation with a Beauty Stylist at your favorite Nordstrom.
Our National Beauty Director, Debra Redmond is here to make sure we’re all getting the most out of our mascara with a little schooling on the basics. Read on to get all of Deb’s expert tips.
Armed with a degree in photography and years of experience as a Beauty Stylist (currently at Nordstrom Topanga), Iris Brostowicz shares her expert advice for any bride to achieve the perfect skin, makeup and photos at her wedding.
We’ve already introduced “Pretty Striking” as one of our favorite looks for spring. It’s all about bright pink or orange lips, endless lashes and faintly flushed cheeks that all make a lasting impression. Get this look for yourself with our how-to video and a few Beauty Stylist tips from Cory Treadwell at our Downtown Seattle store.
Some helpful tips from Cory when customizing this look:
1. Clean and prep the skin.
2. Go backward with your makeup application, and start with the lips instead of ending with them. By applying a ‘striking lip’ first, you can then tailor the rest of your makeup accordingly. How many times have you completed all of your makeup and added a bold lip last, only to realize that your flirty, romantic look turned into a dark and smoldering circus? Bonus with this method: you get the maximum output with the least amount of products.
3. Do not forget about skincare. The better the canvas is prepped, the better the topcoat lasts and looks. Plus, the better your skin looks, the less makeup you actually need!
Get all the tools and products to get Pretty Striking this spring.
What’s white-hot for makeup? The inner corner eye shimmer: a simple sweep of brightness that makes your eyes look more open and luminous, and complements glowing winter skin. Watch our new ‘Illumination’ video, then be enlightened on how to get the model’s beaming look.