This year, one thing the spring runways screamed was precise and strongly defined brows, which was often the focal point of a model’s entire look. Both behind and on the scenes, fierce full brows make a real statement. Below, our beauty stylists reveal the secrets behind bold, natural-looking brows.
“I know many of you are asking, ‘What if I don’t have full brows?’ Effective immediately, put down those tweezers! Give your brows a few weeks to begin growing in on their own. You may also want to speed things up with a serum that enhances growth. Save yourself time and money with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Enhancing Serum Advanced; it’s only $45, and no doctor visit is required. Perfectly defined brows do for your face what the perfect pair of Jimmy Choo‘s do for your outfit.”
Follow these five easy steps to creating perfectly defined brows:
1. Comb your brows down and apply a very fine brow pencil, using light strokes and starting at the high point of the arch. The Precision Brow Pencil from Kevyn Aucoin Beauty comes in the perfect shade for you and includes a brush on the opposite end of the pencil for easy blending and grooming.
2. Now comb the brows back up into place. Follow with a brow powder to define the thicker, denser part of the brow. Alexa recommends M·A·C Brow Duos, which you can customize to your ideal shade.
3. If your brows are a bit unruly, use a brow gel to set and hold them in place. Jennifer’s personal pick is Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in a shade that will enhance your brows’ color.
4. Next, apply your favorite concealer under your brows with your concealer brush. This will create a sharper edge of definition.
5. As a final finishing touch, apply a brightener between your brows, above your brows and at the outer corners. Voilá! Instant eye lift! My favorite miracle brightener is Touche Éclat by Yves Saint Laurent.
Meet our blog post contributors:
L to R: Alexa Kehoe, Beauty Stylist, Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL
Honour Pillow, Beauty Stylist, Kenwood Towne Centre, Cincinnati, OH
Jennifer Kochenour, Beauty Stylist, King of Prussia, PA
Ask questions, learn tips and trends—make an in-store appointment with a Nordstrom Beauty Stylist.