Sure, there’s a lot of buzz about the dresses on the red carpet (rightly so!), but what about all that beautiful makeup? For her gorgeous look, Sienna Miller tapped her longtime friend (and one of the best makeup artists around) Charlotte Tilbury. We asked Tilbury to share what it’s like behind the scenes getting ready for the red carpet at the Academy Awards. Here’s how she created the look (while the two rocked out to some Bob Dylan).
1. Charlotte started with her Goddess skin clay mask, a product she says “is the key to shrinking pores and tightening the skin, leaving you with a perfectly dewy, plumped and revived red-carpet glow.”
3. Next, Charlotte applied Light Wonder foundation in 6 medium and 7 medium, then the retoucher concealer in 2 fair under the eyes and 3 medium for the rest of Sienna’s face.
4. Air Brush Flawless Finish powder in 1 fair and 2 medium was applied only to the T-zone to control shine while keeping from taking away from the dewiness on the rest of the skin.
5. To enhance Sienna’s eyebrows, Charlotte used Brow Lift in Grace K and Cara D.
8. To enhance the cheekbones, Charlotte applied Filmstar Bronze & Glow with the powder & sculpt brush, following the hollows of the cheeks and along the jawline with the bronzer and applying the highlighter shade to the top of the cheekbones.
9. To further accentuate Sienna’s features, Beach Stick in Moon Beach and Ibiza were used to illuminate and sculpt.
10. To prep the lips, Charlotte used Lip Love lip scrub and Lip Magic. Lip Cheat lip liner in Pillowtalk was applied to mimic the pigment of Sienna’s lips and filled in with K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick in Bitch Perfect.
11. Last, for an allover glow, Charlotte applied Supermodel Body all over Sienna’s limbs.
Want even more step-by-step instructions and smart tips from a famed makeup artist? Meet Charlotte Tilbury in person as she recreates some of her red-carpet looks at Nordstrom The Grove, February 24, 6-8 pm. Call 323.900.1418 to RSVP.
SHOP: Charlotte Tilbury