In which we share these tips from makeup artist to the stars Charlotte Tilbury to help you re-create some of the fiercest looks seen at this week’s Met Ball.
Actress Maggie Gyllenhaal attended the Met Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art wearing an amazing Roland Mouret gown that needed little embellishment. Together with her team, Charlotte created a simple yet sultry beauty look, topped off with a bold red lip.
Here’s how to re-create Maggie’s makeup look:
1. Maggie’s skin was prepped with the Goddess Skin Clay Mask, Magic Cream and WonderGlow Instant Soft-Focus Beauty Flash Primer for a perfect canvas. Her complexion was perfected with Light Wonder Youth-Boosting Perfect Skin Foundation in 4 and 5. Then The Retoucher Conceal & Treat Stick in 2 and 3 were used to conceal any imperfections. Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder in Shade 2 was then swept over Maggie’s cheekbones.
2. Maggie’s eyebrows were sculpted with the Brow Lift in Grace K.
3. Eyes to Mesmerise in Jean and Marie Antoinette and The Golden Goddess Luxury Palette were used on Maggie’s eyelids for a sophisticated, creamy look. To lengthen her lashes, the Full Fat Lashes Mascara was used.
4. Filmstar Bronze & Glow was used to sculpt and highlight Maggie’s face, with a focus on her temples and cheeks, which were accentuated with Charlotte Tilbury x Norman Parkinson Colour of Youth Lip & Cheek Glow.
5. On Maggie’s lips, the artist used Matte Revolution Lipstick in Red Carpet Red (available July 29).
6. Supermodel Body was applied to Maggie’s limbs to create the illusion of longer legs and arms, with a hint of shimmer.