From subtly patriotic to some serious stars and stripes, we rounded up 20 of our favorite inspiring ideas for Fourth of July–inspired nail art. Click an image to see more from these mani experts. Have a safe and happy 4th!
The new Dior Tie Dye Collection launched earlier this month with some cheery, sunny shades. Since it’s Friday, and we’re currently in a new-mani mood, we thought we’d turn to a few beauty mavens around the internet. We love what these savvy ladies are doing with Dior’s newest collection; follow the links to see more reviews, ideas and how-tos.
Hit rewind. Deborah Lippmann’s new collection is throwing us back to the ’80s, and these new colors are totally boss. Six vivid shades channel the decade with a full burst of energy and color to the max. Paint them on, and top the charts! Here are a couple fun manicure ideas to get you inspired.
Colors: She Drives Me Crazy (teal), Maniac (purple), Don’t Stop Believin’ (orange)
Walking On Sunshine (yellow), Whip It (pink), Video Killed The Radio Star (blue)
Re-create this look for yourself! Here’s how:
1.) Prep the nails with Gel Lab base coat. When dry, apply one thin coat of ‘Whip It’.
2.) Paint the lower half with ‘Video Killed The Radio Star’.
3.) Paint the left half of the top section with ‘Walking On Sunshine’.
4.) Finish with Gel Lab top coat.
This may be the first full week of spring, but warmer temps are still lagging behind (at least here in Seattle). We’ll just have to keep waiting to break out the sunny weather dresses and sandals. Sigh. In the meantime, at least we still can update any look with a fresh and fun mani. Here are a few nail polish ideas we’re loving while we’re waiting for those May flowers.
Butter LONDON Global Color Ambassador, Katie Hughes, shows us how to create easy, 3D polka dot nail art with the ‘Pop Art Collection’ by butter LONDON.
Step-by-step instructions from the video below:
1. Begin with one coat of Nail Foundation Flawless Basecoat.
2. Apply two coats of ‘Cheeky Chops’ Nail Lacquer.
3. Use a dotting tool (or ball point pen) to create large dots at random with ‘Keks’ Nail Lacquer.
4. Layer on smaller dots in ‘Primrose Hill Picnic’ Nail Lacquer with the other end of your dotting tool (or something with a finer point, like a toothpick).
5. Let dry 5 to 10 minutes, and apply Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat to finish.
Told you it was easy. Now, go get your artsy on with the ‘Pop Art Collection’ by butter LONDON. Lichtenstein would be proud.
Don’t sit on the bench this summer. Get in the game with the sporty chic trend without a wardrobe overhaul—just update your nails! Here are our three simple steps to a winning look.
1. Choose two sporty colors (e.g., gray and yellow or white and blue) and apply two coats of the base color to the entire nail.
2. Wait for it to dry, and then, in one swift motion, layer the top stripe down the center of the nail. (Tip: Use tape on your nails for an extra-straight stripe.)
3. Add a top coat for a longer-lasting mani.