It’s the plain truth that I am one DIY diva. I love creating new fun things for an affordable price. I mean, who doesn’t? I recently created these crochet-doily pom-pom balls (boy, that was a mouthful) that are perfect for adding a li’l springtime pizzazz to your room.
-Paper doilies (I got mine in a cute packet from Michaels)
1. Start by cutting a long piece of string and glue it in the middle of a doily. We’ll call this our main doily.
2. Then take four other doilies and fold them into quarters.
3. Take your hot glue gun and place a small dot of glue on the point of each folded doily. Glue each one to the middle of the main doily.
4. Pinch your quarter doilies in the middle and fluff them out, makin’ them look all voluminous!
5. Repeat steps 1-4, but don’t glue the string onto your second set of doilies. You should end up with two different main doilies, one with a string and one without a string.
6. Now glue the two sides together, creating one giant, fluffed-up doily ball! it’s best to glue them down the center as well as around the edges to ensure that they’re super secure.
And that’s it! You just made these adorable pom-poms that are perfect for springtime. The only thing left to do is hang them from the ceiling with a push pin and your room will be instantly spring-ified!
To see more spring decorating projects, check out the latest DIY video on my YouTube channel!