During the summer, everyone wants to get oustide and just have a good time. No one wants to spend a lot of time thinking about their makeup. However, summer is the time when you have to be most careful about what you put on your skin. I know everyone wants to soak up the sun and come back to school with that perfect summer tan (believe me, I do, too), but protecting your skin is paramount in the summer months.
So, it’s time to talk about the SPF or sun protection factor of your makeup. Nowadays most lotions and foundations have some sun protection in them because sunscreen isn’t just for the beach or the pool. You should try to wear some sort of UV protection everyday because the sun’s rays can be damaging no matter how long you are outisde or where you are. Sunscreen can protect against types of skin cancer in addition to less lethal but still painful sunburns. So take two minutes to apply some SPF before you go outside because no tan is worth the risk.
- 1. Kiehl’s Since 1851 Cross-Terrain UV Skin Protector SPF 50. Kiehl’s is known for their quality, and I have to agree. This stuff stays on forever, even when in the water.
- 2. stila ‘stay all day’ 10-in-1 HD illuminating beauty balm broad spectrum spf 30. Try adding a moisturizer or balm that has SPF into your daily routine. That way, your face will always be protected.
- 3. Tela Beauty Organics ‘Guardian’ SPF 18 Sun Protection for Hair and Scalp. Don’t forget your scalp! I have had a couple of scalp sunburns, and trust me, they hurt. This protectant does double duty: protecting your skin and your hair from the heat and UV rays of the sun.
- 4. Fresh® Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15. I love Sugar because of its smell, but I didn’t know until recently that it acted as a protectant, too!
- 5. philosophy ‘take a deep breath’ oil-free oxygen moisturizer broad spectrum SPF 30. I love philosophy products, I use their daily cleanser. I really like their moisturizer, too. It doesn’t make your skin feel slimy as mainy lotions and moisturizers do.