To help you girls on your search for the perfect Mother’s Day gift, I put together a list of some of my mom’s favorites! Here they are:
1. NARS Contour Blush: This is a great gift if your mom loves makeup and is always looking for ways to turn back the hands of time. (I mean, what mom doesn’t want to look younger?) It gives a subtle, radiant glow and really pops those cheek bones!
2. CHANEL Lévres Scintillantes Glossimer: This is my mom’s go-to gloss (as you can tell by the nearly empty tube)! She keeps one in her bathroom, one in her purse and one in a car. This peachy shade, #43, complements most skin tones. My mom is blond, blue-eyed, and pretty fair-complected, and I’m obviously brunette, green-eyed, and more on the olive side, but this gloss looks great on both of us!
3. Miss Dior Eu de Toilette: For about five years, my mom was obsessed with this perfume. However, she has recently switched it up to BVLGARI Omnia Crystalline. They’re both light, lovely scents.
4. Kate Spade New York ‘Holly Street- Lacey’ Wallet: I just think this wallet is so cute! The black-and-white combination keeps it timeless, and the bow adds an adorably girly touch. Plus, who doesn’t love a little Kate Spade?!
5. Turquoise Statement Necklace: The necklace is actually a vintage turquoise piece that my grandmother passed down to my mom. While real turquoise is probably outside most of our budgets, I’m sure your mom would still enjoy a faux turquoise necklace as a trendy statement piece.
Happy shopping and happy almost Mother’s Day to all you amazing moms out there!
To get in the holiday spirit, my fashion board decided to do a gift exchange for our December meeting. When I first heard this news, I was super excited to go shopping for my buddy—until I realized there was a budget. I absolutely love buying gifts, so I almost always overspend on my friends, but I took the budget as a personal challenge. Of course the first stop on my gift hunt was the BP. department. It was a complete success: I was actually able to get a couple of things for my buddy and still stay within our fifteen dollar limit (I’m seriously so proud of myself). Whether you have to work within a gift exchange budget, have a bunch of friends to buy for, or are simply low on cash, here are my holiday picks to stretch your dollar further!
SOCKS | BEANIE | SCARF | ‘HEY GIRL’ JOURNAL
Socks, hats, scarves, oh my! These gifts are perfect for the girl that spends the majority of her winter next to the ski lodge’s fireplace. While she’s sipping hot cocoa, she might as well spend a little quality time with Ryan Gosling (he’s beautiful).
LIPSTICK | COSMETICS CASE | NAIL POLISH | EYESHADOW BRUSH
We all have that one friend that is constantly on YouTube watching beauty tutorials. Fishtail braids, winged liner, ombre nails—you name it, she’s tried it (and maybe even mastered it). This girl is what I like to call my beauty babe. She’ll appreciate any one of these gifts. If you have a little extra money, I think it would be super cute to pack the cosmetics case with a bunch of makeup goodies to create a personalized beauty kit.
TECH GLOVES | iPHONE WRISTLET | iPHONE CASE |POMPOM EARBUDS
So you know that girl that walked into a pole and got a black eye because she wouldn’t look up from her phone? These tech-friendly picks are for her. The fox iPhone case and the Ear Poms would be a supercute pairing.
For more gift ideas, check out the BP. Gift Guide! Happy hunting!
This is the point in the year where I become happy and sad all at the same time. It’s that time when all of the seniors are graduating from high school.
I know that I’m going to miss my friends so much, but I also know that they are about to begin an amazing adventure. It’s the best opportunity to give them something to take with them for the years to come, and I have some ideas for every person and budget.
These are essential for a girl on the go! It’s the most stylish way to store your phone, keys, ID and lipgloss.
2. Statement Necklace
This is a hot piece for the upcoming summer. I love to pair a statement necklace with a plain shift dress. It’s simple and beautiful.
This is another way to make a statement for the summer. The lightweight material and pattern make it wearable for warmer weather. Definitely a closet staple.
These carry-alls truly are essential for a college girl. She can store her pencils, notepads, tech devices and everything else she needs!
[Editor’s note: We’ve unexpectedly sold out of this particular satchel, but we have an impressive selection of gift-worthy satchels under $100 here.]
5. Cute Blouse
This is a graduation gift she can use during the summer and well into her college years. A fun blouse is a great way to make an impression on any new people she meets.
I hope you found some inspiration for your graduation gifts this year!
It’s that time of year! Time for hot cocoa, candy canes and gifts! Sometimes I don’t know what to give my friends for the holidays. If you’re in the same boat as me, here are some really great gift ideas.
1. A Lulu Quilted Crossbody Bag in pink is perfect for your super-girly friend. She can take it with her out to dinner or to birthday parties! Adorable!
2. A friend that loves to take fashion risks will adore a Carole Enamel Hexagon Bib Necklace. Turquoise is a really great pop of color.
3. Nothing is better than a gift that gives in more than one way. TOMS do just that. For every pair purchased, TOMS gives a new pair of shoes to a child in need. How cool is that!?
4. It’s cold outside! Anyone would love a nice, warm sweater, and this Love by Design Neon Stripe Sweater is SO cute!
5. No gift is as sweet as a handwritten card–letting your friends know how much they mean to you! But you’ll need something to write on. How about M·A·C. ‘Kids Helping Kids Greeting Cards’? All of the proceeds go to the M·A·C. AIDS fund. Helping someone and telling your friends you love them, all in one? Uh, yes!