Basil Cucumber Cooler Cocktail Recipe | What’s Cooking
Playfully refreshing, simple to put together and ideal for sharing with friends under the warm sun on a patio, this summer cocktail is like the adult version of a kiddie pool. A splash of simple syrup and lime brightens and brings together the herbaceous qualities of basil and the distinct taste of cucumbers. Dry gin lends its hints of botanicals, and a top-off with club soda livens this beverage with a touch of effervescence.
Dip into a few simple, summertime ingredients and create one of these ice-cold Basil Cucumber Coolers at home with this easy cocktail recipe from our Nordstrom bars.
Basil Cucumber Cooler
From our Nordstrom Bars
Ingredients (per cocktail)
5 medium-sized basil leaves
4 English cucumber slices, 1/8-inch thick
2 ounces Bombay gin
1 ounce simple syrup
1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
1 cup (or 1 part) water
1 cup (or 1 part) granulated sugar
1. In a small saucepan, combine water and granulated sugar over medium heat. Whisk until sugar dissolves and remove from heat.
2. Transfer simple syrup to a container and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Chill a highball glass by filling it with ice and water.
4. In a cocktail shaker, muddle basil leaves and cucumber slices. Add gin, simple syrup, lime juice and a generous scoop of ice.
5. Cap and shake vigorously 20 times.
6. Drain now-chilled highball glass. Add more ice to fill.
7. Double-strain shaken cocktail into prepared highball glass. Top with soda water.
8. Slit three cucumber slices halfway toward the center and use to garnish rim of glass.
Stop by a Nordstrom Restaurant near you, and find more recipes to try in our What’s Cooking series and Nordstrom Cookbooks. Have a favorite dish or beverage from our restaurants or cookbooks that you’d like to see featured? Let us know in the comments!