Chloé’s Clare Waight Keller on Resort Trends, Paris and the Brand-New Everston
We’ll always say yes to a peek inside the handbags of inspiring women—and definitely yes to insider tips on the best little-known places to go in Paris. British-born, Paris-based Creative Director Clare Waight Keller gives us both, and tells us a little about the newest handbag designs in the Chloé resort collection.
The Thread: What are four things that are always in your handbag?
Waight Keller: My iPhone 6, micro torch (flashlight), lip balm and hair ties.
What iconic film actor do you see carrying your newest bag, the Everston?
Faye Dunaway, a woman who has purpose in life.
What other handbags are you loving?
It’s all about small, compact bags this season. The Drew is my favorite—it’s very jewel-like.
[*The Drew from Chloé will be available at selected Nordstrom stores and online this spring.]
If we brought the Everston to Paris and asked you to give us some insider tips to tuck inside it, what five places would be on your list?
1. I love to take friends on a walk to the Bois de Boulogne and take the ferryboat to the island in the middle of the lake. There is a restaurant there which isn’t fabulous for its food per se, but has great views of the Eiffel Tower across the water.
2. Deyrolle is one of my favorite stores in Paris, with its fascinating taxidermy and curiosities.
3. Zuber is an iconic and very beautiful paint and wallpaper store where they create exquisite hand-painted papers.
4. Du pain et Des Idées for its fabulous pastries and bread!
5. Roseval is a fantastic, low-key and cozy neighborhood restaurant, off the beaten track.