Emma Roberts, Thandie Newton and Kate Hudson’s Oscar Night Beauty with Charlotte Tilbury Makeup
This awards season, Charlotte Tilbury is determined to turn up the star wattage of Hollywood’s leading ladies. Through knowing use of her glow-inducing products, the celebrity makeup artist brings out the unique radiance of every actress. Truly, her looks are stunning.
Below she takes us step by step through her process for helping Emma Roberts achieve Old Hollywood glamour for the Academy Awards. Jo Strettell and Debra Ferullo worked with Thandie Newton and Kate Hudson for the big night, and they also share their techniques for gorgeous beauty looks on the red carpet.
1. Charlotte prepped Emma’s skin with her new Instant Magic Facial Dry Sheet Mask (coming in March!). This next-generation mask instantly hydrates, brightens, smooths wrinkles and evens skin tone.
3. She dripped the highlight shade on the tops of the cheekbones and enhanced Emma’s limbs with her Supermodel Body.
4. For a modern, matte statement lip, Charlotte applied her Lip Cheat Liner in Kiss ‘N’ Tell to exaggerate Emma’s natural lip line, and created the ultimate blue-red matte lip with her iconic Matte Revolution lipstick in Red Carpet Red.
5. Charlotte created Emma’s bombshell eye by first applying Eyes to Mesmerise in Bette all over the eyelid up to the socket for a dreamy, bronzy wash of light. She then popped Jean in the inner corners of the eyes to make them instantly bigger and brighter.
6. Next, the eyes gained definition with Color Chameleon in Bronzed Garnet, which created a soft, seductive feline flick.
7. Charlotte finished the look with Full Fat Lashes mascara on just the top lashes.
Makeup artist Jo Strettell gave the gorgeous Thandie Newton a fun teal eye and a nude lip to go with her funky sequined dress.
1. Jo used the new Instant Magic Facial Dry Sheet Mask (coming in March!) to give the skin instant glow.
5. Full Fat Lashes mascara was applied for a full Hollywood flutter!
6. Jo sculpted Thandie’s limbs with Supermodel Body, which catches the light beautifully.
Makeup artist Debra Ferullo gave all-American beauty Kate Hudson a fresh-faced glow for the Vanity Fair after-party.
1. Debra used the new Instant Magic Facial Dry Sheet Mask (coming in March!) to give the skin instant glow.
2. Magic Cream was then smoothed on to plump out the skin, followed by Wonderglow primer to make the skin come to life. Next, Light Wonder in 3 was applied to Kate’s T-zone, and Light Wonder in 5 and 6 was applied to the hollows of her cheeks.
4. To groom Kate’s brows, Debra applied Brow Lift in Rita and Grace K to achieve a natural effect. For the eyes, Team Tilbury applied Eyes to Mesmerise in Marie Antoinette over the entire lid up to the brow bone, followed by the Bette shade of the same product on just the lids up to the socket line.
5. Using the Enhance shade from the Luxury Palette in The Glamour Muse, Debra applied it from the lid up to the socket line, blending outward and upward, and then she applied the Pop shade on top.
6. With the Smoke shade in the same palette, Debra applied the shadow to the outer corners and blended into the socket.
7. Debra finished by applying two coats of Charlotte’s Full Fat Lashes mascara to both the top and bottom lashes.
9. Lastly, Cheek to Chic in Ecstasy was applied to the apples of Kate’s cheeks to complete the look.
SHOP: Charlotte Tilbury