Fresh Blueberry and Lavender Cocktail Recipe | What’s Cooking
What a perfect cocktail to celebrate the first official week of summer. Fresh blueberries get muddled to release their sweet juices–and a beautiful hue that helps color the cocktail–and lavender is simmered into a syrup that ends up slightly fragrant and contributes just the right touch of floral notes. I find lavender sometimes a bit overwhelming, but not here, when balanced by the refreshing tartness of lemon. Try this Blueberry and Lavender Martini in our Nordstrom bars, or read on to create this cocktail recipe for yourself and some very good friends this summer at home.
Fresh Blueberry and Lavender Martini
From our Nordstrom bars
Lavender Simple Syrup
2 cups water
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup lavender, dried
1. In a small saucepan, combine water and granulated sugar over low heat. Whisk well until sugar just dissolves.
2. Add lavender and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and set aside to cool for 30 minutes.
3. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve then transfer simple syrup to a container and chill until ready to use. May be stored in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Blueberry and Lavender Martini (per cocktail)
10–12 fresh blueberries
1 ounce Lavender Simple Syrup
2 1/4 ounces Tito’s (or similar quality) Vodka
1 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1. Chill a martini glass with ice and water.
2. To a cocktail shaker, add blueberries and lavender syrup. Muddle until berries are broken up and juicy.
3. Add vodka, lemon juice and ice to cover. Cap and shake cocktail shaker vigorously 20 times.
4. Discard ice and water in now-chilled martini glass. Double-strain cocktail into prepared martini glass.
5. Squeeze lemon peel over cocktail and swipe it across the rim of the glass. Garnish the cocktail with the lemon peel and fresh blueberries.
Find more recipes to try in our What’s Cooking series and Nordstrom Cookbooks. Have a favorite dish or beverage from our restaurants or cookbooks that you’d like to see featured? Let us know in the comments!