Friends from the Floor: The Top Mascara Picks to Grab at Mascara Madness (Saturday, May 27, Only)
“Friends from the Floor” is a series dedicated to sharing the latest product obsessions of our Nordstrom sales crew.
Always on the quest for the ultimate, lash-slaying mascara? Same here. Even when we find a winning tube, we can’t help pondering what other great products are out there waiting to be batted. With the wondrous day of Mascara Madness almost upon us, we thought we’d check in with a few of our Beauty Stylists for the latest in budge-proof, long-wearing lash magic. Stock up on your go-to formula or build a well-rounded trove of the following front-runners.
Barbie Schreiber, Online Beauty Stylist
1. Chantecaille Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara: I love the lash-growth peptide technology in this mascara. It makes your lashes look thicker and fuller without clumping. Plus, it’s made with Chantecaille’s original Faux Cils formula, so it’s cruelty-free and synthetic dye-free.
2. Giorgio Armani Eccentrico Mascara: This is my favorite for instant high volume with flake-free and clump-free results. It comes with a special brush that’s designed to precisely separate each lash, so you can go minimal or build up with multiple applications.
3. CHANEL Inimitable Intense Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel Sophistiqué: This is the mascara you wear when you want to make a statement. The rubber bristles on this brush are so unique; they coat and separate your lashes to give you full, fluffy lashes in an ultra-dark hue. One of my favorite tips is to apply two coats and then gently roll the brush at the tips of your lashes to add length. You’ll get that false-lash look we all love.
Katie Saelens, Online Beauty Stylist
1. HOURGLASS Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara: I love HOURGLASS and they happen to make this amazing game changer that gives you major volume without being clumpy or chunky. Start at the base of the lash and wiggle and repeat to your heart’s content. You won’t regret grabbing this falsie-esque mascara. Also add HOURGLASS Ambient Lighting Powder for an instant Instagram-filter look.
2. Christian Louboutin Les Yeux Noirs Lash Amplifying Lacquer: Just. Say. Yes. Everyone needs a fancy mascara! The pigment is fire and the Art Deco packaging will grab envious eyes. The high-volume, lash-amplifying formula will take your lashes to a new level; you won’t regret treating yourself. Add to your Louboutin collection by selecting the Oeil Velours Velvet Eye Definer in Hot Chick (neon yellow) and brace yourself. You’re going to make a gorgeous statement, fierce one.
3. Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils Mascara: Go wild and choose the Burgundy shade to get your lashes looking extra lively. Color mascaras help bring the “wow” factor, especially if you’re looking to switch up your makeup routine. You can apply this mascara on its own for a color blast or on the tips over your black mascara for a fun pop.
Jordan Phillips, Online Beauty Stylist
1. Dior Diorshow Lash-Extension Effect Volume Mascara: It’s impossible not to mention this award-winning cult classic. The formula clings between your lashes to naturally thicken without clumping. It gives you nice, soft lashes with ample coverage. Bonus: the patented tube design prevents air from drying out the formula, so you get a fresh application every day.
2. Urban Decay Perversion Mascara: This mascara has a super creamy, glide-right-on texture that helps lengthen the lashes and delivers fantastic volume. Its special formula contains a complex blend of proteins and amino acids that help to stimulate lash growth.
3. MAC Upward Lash: I wanted to give this mascara a shoutout because it’s great for lower lashes. The tiny brush head is perfect to coat the lower lashes without making a mess under your eye. It also adds a great amount of volume to those tiny little lashes without ever looking clumpy.
Shop: All Mascara