Get the Healthy Glow from kate spade new york’s Playful Runway | Backstage Beauty
Inspired by the romantic energy of New Orleans, kate spade new york’s 2018 spring collection exudes whimsy and fun with feminine floral patterns, lace hemlines and plenty of pinks. The delicate M·A·C makeup from the show featured a healthy, flushed cheek on the models’ radiant skin, and was finished with a barely there, dusty-rose pout that harmonized with Deborah Lloyd’s youthful and spirited spring nail designs. From lips to tips, the overall softness of this beauty culminated with subtle, easy-to-recreate nail art from Deborah Lippmann.
Get the look:
The makeup look was polished, fresh, even slightly sporty, exuding the same playful sophistication of the label. Best of all, it’s achievable in just a few steps.
- Moisturize cleansed skin with M·A·C’s Prep + Prime Essential Oils blend to comfortably hydrate and create a luminous base.
- Apply a light layer of M·A·C Face and Body Foundation to correct imperfections on your face and décolletage. Buff the foundation evenly for a texture that glows.
- To create a healthy flush, mix fuchsia and red blush. (We recommend combining M·A·C lipstick in shades Red Rock and Lickable for a similar effect.) Apply to the apples of the cheeks, blending rigorously with a #132 Duo Fibre Foundation Brush for a fuller, diffused shape. Be sure the red-to-fuchsia ratio of your blush suits your skin tone and customize the mixture accordingly.
- Using a #137 Long Blending Brush, skim the face again lightly to ensure seamless color. The oil applied in step one will help set the blush and add dimension.
- Feather the brows by brushing them upwards using a #204 Lash Brush.
- After conditioning the lips, fill them in using M·A·C Lip Liner in Whirl. Keep the lip line soft by using your ring finger to gently blot the color before it sets.
Get the nails:
- Using Deborah Lippmann’s Gel Lab Pro Duo, apply the base coat to prep the nail for color.
- Paint over the entire nail using Lippmann’s pink blush color Shape of My Heart. (For a similar effect, we recommend using Lippmann’s nail color Love Story, available exclusively at Nordstrom.)
- Using the color Fade to Black, carefully draw a thin, vertical line from the tip of the index finger to the cuticle bed.
- Add a small pearl to accent the graphic line and finish the look using the top coat from Lippmann’s Gel Lab Pro Duo set.
SHOP: Deborah Lippmann