Golden Globes Beauty: Get Susan Sarandon and Laura Dern’s Looks Using Charlotte Tilbury
The leading ladies of Hollywood may have been dressed in black, but their beauty was prismatic. Playful shades, shimmer, ruby lips and metallic lids were the preferred accessories to the prevalent noir evening gowns.
Celebrity makeup artists seemed to agree: if the dresses were a blank canvas as to color, then the makeup should single out the individuality of the star. Susan Sarandon, for instance, wore a crimson lip with her curly pompadour pony. Laura Dern’s shell-like skin sparkled just so with an equally glittery dress. We spoke with the two artists who helped to prep these legendary ladies using Charlotte Tilbury products. Here’s what they did.
Celebrity makeup artist Amy Nadine shares the steps taken to create Susan’s look:
- Susan’s skin was prepped with Charlotte’s Magic Cream followed by Magic Eye Rescue, a peptide-infused anti-aging eye cream. Amy then applied the new anti-aging, color-correcting and glow-boosting Brightening Youth Glow to create the perfect, bright and fresh canvas.
- The new Hollywood Flawless Filter (launching March 2018) was applied to Susan’s face along with Light Wonder Foundation to create a flawless, instantly superstar-lit “filter” across the skin.
- The Hollywood Contour Wand in Light-Medium was then used along the jawline, cheekbones and forehead to sculpt and define, followed by the Hollywood Beauty Light Wand for a megawatt, cinematic Hollywood highlight emphasizing her eyes.
- This was followed with Cheek to Chic Blush in Love Is the Drug along the high points of the cheeks for a slight hint of color.
- The Brow Lift Pencil in Grace K was used to shape, lift and add definition for the perfect brow arch and finished fine point.
- To create a smoldering, shimmery eye that played with the light, Amy used the iconic “Date Eye” look from the limited-edition Instant Eye Palette, followed by the Luxury Palette in The Dolce Vita’s molten “pop” shade on the center of the lid for a gorgeous sparkle. The Classic Eye Powder Pencil in Audrey was used along the lash line.
- Legendary Lashes Mascara in Black Vinyl was applied to both the top and bottom to create longer, fuller lashes.
- Bringing the look together, Amy first filled the lips with Lip Cheat Liner in Kiss ’N’ Tell, followed by Hollywood Lips Liquid Lipstick in Screen Siren for a classic, matte ruby-red pout.
“For me, the perfect red carpet look starts with gorgeous, radiant skin. Laura was fresh off the beach from Hawaii, so I wanted to accentuate the Golden Goddess look that she already had going on!” —Gita Bass
Below, celebrity makeup artist Gita Bass shares the steps to create Golden Globe winner Laura’s look:
- Laura’s skin was prepped with the Goddess Skin Clay Mask to create a poreless, flawless complexion, followed by moisturizer to prime before makeup application.
- Magic Foundation in Shade 4.5 was applied to even her skin tone, and The Retoucher was used to conceal and brighten the under-eye area.
- The Hollywood Flawless Filter (launching March 2018) was then applied all over the face to create a flawless and instantly lit-from-within glow, followed by Cheek to Chic Blush in Love Glow on the apples of the cheeks to add a bit of warmth.
- To create a sexy, bronzed eye look, Bass started by applying Eyes to Mesmerise in Bette from the lid to the crease.
- The Classic Eye Powder Pencil was then used to line the top and bottom lash lines and blended out with the Eye Smudger Brush, followed with the “pop” shade from the Luxury Palette in The Golden Goddess for an “endless summer” smolder.
- After using the Life Changing Lashes Eyelash Curler, Bass applied Full Fat Lashes 5 Star Mascara in Glossy Black to achieve a flirty fringe.
- Laura’s eye look was finished by a quick application of the Brow Lift Pencil in Rita to define, lift and shape her brows.
- Lip Cheat Liner in Pillowtalk was used to line the lips and add fullness. Tying the look together, Bass applied Hollywood Lips Liquid Lipstick in Platinum Blonde for the perfect light, matte peachy-nude smile.
SHOP: Charlotte Tilbury