Golden Globes Beauty: Get Greta Gerwig and Mandy Moore’s Looks Using Charlotte Tilbury
Hollywood’s actresses wore black, but that made their beauty bold. Playful shades, shimmer, ruby lips and metallic lids were the preferred accessories to the prevalent noir evening gowns.
All celebrity makeup artists seemed to agree: if the dresses were a blank canvas as to color, then the makeup should celebrate the unique beauty of the stars. Mandy Moore, for instance, wore a crimson lip with her glowing skin and sleek chignon. Greta Gerwig’s rocker-girl metallic eyes matched her stunning choker. We spoke with the two artists who helped to prep these lovely ladies using Charlotte Tilbury products. Here’s what they did.
Mandy wore a gorgeous black gown by Rosie Assoulin with an elegant coral red belt. Celebrity makeup artist Matin had a superstar-lit look in mind, and was visualizing the girls from the ’80s Roxy Music album covers with those sculpted cheekbones and glowy skin, gorgeous lips and defined eyes.
Below, Matin shares the steps taken to create Mandy’s look:
- Mandy’s skin was prepped with the Instant Magic Facial Dry Sheet Mask, which was used to instantly hydrate, brighten, smooth and even the skin.
- Matin then followed with Charlotte’s Magic Cream all over Mandy’s face, neck, shoulders and arms before applying the anti-aging, color-correcting and glow-boosting Brightening Youth Glow.
- The Hollywood Flawless Filter in 5 (launches March 2018) was then applied to the cheekbones and high points of the face, shoulders and back. Inspired by light-play and social media filters, this superstar youth glow elixir creates an instant “filter” across the skin for an award-winning, superstar-lit glow.
- Magic Foundation in 5 was then used to even out her already gorgeous skin, followed by the Hollywood Contour Wand in Light/Medium for a bit of sculpt and definition and Filmstar Bronze and Glow in Light/Medium to amplify the glow.
- Cheek to Chic Blusher in Ecstasy was then applied to the apples of Mandy’s cheeks for a hint of flush. Matin set the entire face with Air Brush Flawless Finish in 2 to powder down excess shine.
- To define and frame the eyes, the Colour Chameleon in Golden Quartz was applied to the entire lid and followed by the mesmerizing Luxury Palette in The Dolce Vita. Full Fat Lashes in Glossy Black was then applied for ultra-voluptuous lashes.
- Bringing the look together, the limited-edition Hollywood Lips Matte Liquid Lipstick in Walk of Fame was applied for a statement-making orange-red pout.
Celebrity makeup artist Jenn Streicher said, “Greta’s dress is Oscar de la Renta’s take on Old Hollywood, but she didn’t want a traditional ‘Hollywood’ makeup look, rather something more modern. We wanted her eyes to sparkle!”
Below, Streicher shares the steps taken to create Greta’s look:
- To begin, Streicher applied Caudalíe Premier Cru Eye Cream and Premier Cru Cream to areas of the face that needed a boost of additional moisture.
- To create a perfectly even and radiant base, Streicher began by using the Brightening Youth Glow “glow booster” as a primer all over, followed with Magic Foundation to the entire face.
- Streicher then applied the Hollywood Flawless Filter (launching March 2018) over foundation to highlight the cheekbones, décolleté and cleavage.
- The Hollywood Contour Wand in Light/Medium was then used to sculpt and add subtle definition, followed by a dusting of Bar of Gold along the tops of the cheekbones and in the corners of the eyes.
- Air Brush Flawless Finish in 2 Medium was then applied and was followed with a few spritzes of Caudalíe’s Beauty Elixir to set the face.
- To create a twist on the classic smoky eye, Rock ‘N’ Kohl Eyeliner in Bedroom Black was applied on the top lash line to create a sexy, smoked-up base.
- Streicher then used Luxury Palette in The Rock Chick. She began by wetting the brush and applying the silvery-grey “enhance” shade and black “smoke” shade on the lids.
- The silver “prime” shade was then applied in the corners and under the bottom lash lines to highlight, along with the gunmetal “enhance” shade along the creases.
- Finishing the eyes, Streicher applied Full Fat Lashes in Glossy Black to both the top and bottom lashes and shaped the brows by using Legendary Brows in Super Model.
- Hot Lips Lipstick in Super Cindy was applied to the entire lip to create a fuller-looking pout, and then Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk was used to line the lips and perfect the lip line.
SHOP: Charlotte Tilbury