Golden Globes Makeup: Get the Looks with Charlotte Tilbury
This post originally appeared on the Beauty Blog.
Of course one of our favorite things about award shows and red carpet events is seeing what all the stars are wearing and checking out the beauty looks complementing all that glamour. Makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury was on the scene (where else would she be?) and gave us all the secrets to re-creating three makeup looks we loved at the Golden Globes.
Double nominee for Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama and Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture and star of The Danish Girl and Ex Machina, Alicia Vikander hit the red carpet in a white Louis Vuitton gown with a modern makeup look created by Charlotte Tilbury.
When asked about the look, Tilbury said, “I wanted to create a dreamy but modern look that highlighted Alicia’s naturally beautiful features. The metallic shades on her eyes complement the dewy, fresh skin in the look.”
Here’s how Tilbury created Alicia’s red carpet look:
1. Charlotte prepped Alicia’s skin by applying her notorious Magic Cream to the entire face followed by Wonderglow to create a flawless soft focus finish and an instant “spotlight” effect, which acted as the perfect base for Light Wonder Foundation in 8 Medium and 9 Dark.
2. Charlotte used her Mini Miracle Eye Wand in 2 Fair and 3 Fair underneath the eyes to add luminosity, and applied The Retoucher Concealer in 3 Medium where needed to mask any imperfections. Charlotte gave Alicia a dusting of Air Brush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder in 2 Medium to create a red carpet-ready complexion.
3. Next, Charlotte used Brow Lift in Cara D to perfect Alicia’s already gorgeous brows and frame her mesmerizing eyes.
4. To create a dreamy eye look, Charlotte applied a mixture of her cream eyeshadow, Eyes to Mesmerise, in Bette and Marie Antoinette across the lids and underneath the eye. She then used Marie Antoinette to illuminate the inner corners of Alicia’s eyes. Rock ‘N’ Kohl in Bedroom Black was applied three quarters of the way along the upper lash line, and Charlotte topped off the eye look with three coats of Full Fat Lashes to the top and bottom lashes.
5. To add subtle contour, Charlotte used a combination of her Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Light-Medium and Dreamy Glow Highlighter. Filmstar Bronze & Glow was used with the Powder & Sculpt Brush to highlight and sculpt Alicia’s cheek, nose, jawline and temples. To add red carpet-worthy glow, Charlotte added Dreamy Glow Highlighter to the tops of her cheekbones and down the nose.
6. Charlotte used Beach Stick in Las Salinas across Alicia’s cheekbones for a pretty pink, healthy, youthful glow.
7. Alicia’s look was completed with a matte lip, created by first lining the lips with Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pink Venus, and topping them off with a mixture of Matte Revolution Lipstick in Sexy Sienna and Walk of Shame.
8. Once Alicia was in her Louis Vuitton gown, Charlotte applied Supermodel Body on all exposed limbs in order to sculpt and illuminate the skin.
Best Actress in a Television Series, Drama nominee and star of Penny Dreadful, Eva Green arrived on the carpet in a gold Elie Saab gown with an elegant makeup look created by Tilbury.
About this look, Tilbury says, “We decided on a soft eye with a bold lip to contrast the dress and Eva’s amazing green eyes. Eva wanted to introduce old Hollywood glam with a modern take, but still keep the look elegant, clean, fresh and classic.”
Here’s how Tilbury created Eva’s red carpet look:
1. Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Skin Clay Mask was used to prep Eva’s skin and ensure a flawless canvas. Charlotte then applied Magic Cream to the entire face followed by Wonderglow to create a flawless soft focus finish and an instant “spotlight” effect, which acted as the perfect base for Charlotte’s NEW Magic Foundation in 2 Fair and 3 Fair (available March 2016).
2. Charlotte applied Mini Miracle Eye Wand in 1 Fair and 2 Fair underneath the eyes. She rid the face of unwanted oils with a dusting of Air Brush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder in 1 Fair and 2 Medium.
3. Next, Charlotte used Brow Lift in Cara D and Brooke S to perfect brows and shape the face.
4. Charlotte applied a mixture of Eyes to Mesmerise Cream Eyeshadow in Bette and Marie Antoinette across the lids. Charlotte Tilbury The Classic Eyeliner Powder Pencil in Audrey was applied around the eye. Charlotte applied three coats of Full Fat Lashes to the top and bottom lashes to create an open-eyed look.
5. Charlotte then used Hollywood favorite Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Light-Medium to highlight and sculpt the cheek, nose, jawline and temples. To add a red carpet-worthy glow, Charlotte added a touch of Charlotte Tilbury Norman Parkinson Dreamy Glow Highlighter to the tops of Eva’s cheekbones and down her nose.
6. To create the perfect cheek color, Charlotte used Cheek to Chic in Love Glow with a swish of the outer shade across Eva’s cheekbones and a pop of the inner shade just at the apples.
8. Once Eva was in her Elie Saab gown, Charlotte applied Charlotte Tilbury Supermodel Body to sculpt and illuminate the limbs.
Makeup by Jenn Streicher for Charlotte Tilbury Beauty
Presenter and Downton Abbey star Lily James stunned on the red carpet with a fresh modern spring look. Her ethereal Marchesa gown called for a young and effortless makeup look created by makeup artist Jenn Streicher using Charlotte Tilbury Beauty.
Streicher shared how she decided on the look with Lily: “We wanted the makeup to look cool and hip to contrast the high glam of the gown. The goal was to have the beauty be the focus.”
Here’s how Streicher created Lily’s red carpet look:
1. To prep Lily’s skin and ensure a flawless canvas, Streicher applied Magic Cream to the entire face and Charlotte Tilbury Magic Eye Rescue to reinvigorate the eye area. She followed with Wonderglow in the T-zone to create a flawless soft focus finish and an instant “spotlight” effect, which acted as the perfect base to Charlotte’s NEW Magic Foundation in 6 Medium (available March 2016).
2. Next, Streicher used Brow Lift in Cara D to perfect Lily’s brows and frame her face.
3. Streicher applied Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon in Bronzed Garnet across the lids then lined the tops of the eyes and lash line with Rock ‘N’ Kohl in Barbarella Brown. The smoke shade of Tilbury Luxury Palette in The Sophisticate was applied to the lash line and corners of the eyes. To enhance the eyes, Eyes to Mesmerise Cream Eyeshadow in Jean and Mona Lisa were applied across the lids. Streicher finished Lily’s eye look by applying four coats of Full Fat Lashes to the top and bottom lashes.
4. Streicher then used Filmstar Bronze & Glow in Light-Medium to highlight and sculpt Lily’s cheek, nose, jawline and temples. To add a dewy glow, Beach Stick in Moon Beach was applied to cheekbones and down the center of the nose.
5. To create the cheek color, Streicher used Cheek to Chic in Love Glow with a swish of the outer shade across Lily’s cheekbones and a pop of the inner shade at the apples.
7. Once Lily was in her Marchesa gown, Streicher applied Supermodel Body to make the skin glow and appear sculpted.