Good Cheers: The Billionaire Cocktail from Our Restaurants
The holiday season should feel a bit decadent. But unfortunately it’s more often overindulgent: there’s overeating, overspending and many opportunities for overcommitting oneself. Come January 2, many of us end up feeling drained rather than refreshed. One way to ensure that we’re not overdoing it is to take time to appreciate and share in the small things. Like a delicious martini–OK, maybe two, but let’s not go overboard.
The Billionaire cocktail from our restaurants is just the thing to make you feel flush. It’s tart and sweet with homemade grenadine, a perfect palate cleanser after dinner or a pick-me-up at a party. And if you’ve really overplayed your hand this holiday, you can always stop by a Nordstrom restaurant to kick back and have someone mix this swanky drink for you.
1 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice, strained
1/2 oz simple syrup, recipe below
1/2 oz homemade grenadine, recipe below
2 oz well bourbon
1 scoop ice
1 spritz absinthe liqueur
1 lemon wheel
1. Chill martini glass with ice.
2. In a pint glass, add lemon juice, simple syrup, grenadine, bourbon and ice.
3. Cap and shake vigorously about 20 times.
4. Empty the iced martini glass, then spritz with absinthe, swirl to rinse and discard excess.
5. Strain cocktail into prepared glass.
6. Garnish with floating lemon wheel.
5 cups granulated sugar
5 cups water
1. In a large saucepan combine sugar and water.
2. Whisk well and bring to a boil. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and let cool completely.
3. Transfer to a container.
2 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
1 cup simple syrup, recipe above
1/2 cup brandy
1. Sanitize all work areas, cutting boards, equipment and sinks used in the preparation of this recipe.
2. Bring pomegranate juice and simple syrup to a boil, lower heat, simmer and reduce liquid until it coats the back of a spoon.
3. Remove from heat and add brandy when cool.
4. Pour into a container.
Mixology by Kyrie MacIntyre