Good Cheers: The Kiss My Cranberries Cocktail from Our Restaurants
’Tis the season for family get-togethers and tiffs around the table. Although this year may seem particularly ripe for strife, bypass any arguments and give thanks for this sassy cranberry cocktail instead. Kiss My Cranberries doubles as an antidote to the stress of Thanksgiving entertaining and a tacit response to any possible disagreement. Instead of mouthing off, sip this refreshing bittersweet beverage. The balanced combination of citrus, tart berry, cinnamon and bourbon perfectly captures the holiday mood, while tempering yours.
If you do need to escape your rellies, you can always stop by one of our Nordstrom restaurants to have a Kiss My Cranberries prepared for you. You’ll find us all quite agreeable.
3/4 oz Cranberry Cinnamon Syrup, recipe below
1 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice, strained
1/2 oz cranberry juice cocktail
2 1/2 oz bourbon
1 scoop of ice
2 frozen cranberries, thawed
Cranberry Cinnamon Syrup
1 cup water
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup frozen cranberries
2 cinnamon sticks
1. In a large saucepan, combine water, sugar, cranberries and cinnamon sticks.
2. Stir well and bring to a boil. Drop to low heat and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Strain, pressing to extract liquid from cranberries. Cool completely. Be careful when reducing syrup at high temperatures and handle carefully when cooling.
4. Transfer to a container for storing and pouring.
1. Chill a coupe glass with ice.
2. In a pint glass, add the Cranberry Cinnamon Syrup, lemon juice, cranberry juice, bourbon and ice.
3. Cap and shake vigorously about twenty times.
4. Strain cocktail into the coupe glass.
5. Garnish with cranberries across the rim of the glass.
Mixology by Kyrie MacIntyre