Good Cheers: The New York Sour Cocktail from Our Restaurants
The holiday parties are happening, and if you happen to be looking for the perfect drink to serve at your next event, we’ve got a suggestion that mixes two of our favorite adult beverages: wine and whiskey. The New York Sour is a sophisticated cocktail, with a citrusy rye base topped with a splash of vino, that will impress your guests. When all is said and done, this festive cocktail looks like a crackling fire in a glass and will make everyone merry.
Or if you want to warm up with a pre-party drink, you can always stop by a Nordstrom restaurant to have a New York Sour prepared for you by our friendly team.
3/4 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice, strained
3/4 oz simple syrup
1 ¾ oz well rye whiskey
1 scoop ice
1 large ice cube
3/4 oz Cabernet Sauvignon or Syrah wine
1 maraschino cherry
1 orange wheel
- In a pint glass, add the lemon juice, simple syrup, rye whiskey and scoop of ice.
- Cap and shake vigorously about 20 times.
- Add large format ice cube to a rocks cocktail glass.
- Strain cocktail into the prepared glass.
- Very slowly pour wine over the back of a spoon to create a float.6. Add a maraschino cherry and an orange wheel as garnish.
Leith belted satin jacket | Lizzie Fortunato golden feather drop earrings | BP. textured cuff | gorjana Cersi cuff
Photography by Matthew Sumi
Mixology by Kyrie MacIntyre