Good Cheers: the Stonewashed Cocktail from Our Restaurants
Like the perfect pair of jeans, a delicious cocktail feels easy and pairs well with most things. As the week ends and the weekend begins, slip on your comfy denim (you know the ones) and sip this pretty purple cocktail from our Nordstrom restaurants. The recipe is simple, but the resulting drink has a unique violet flavor that strengthens along with its faded plum shade as you imbibe. Sweet but not sugary, with an herbal gin base, the Stonewashed possesses a mellow fragrant flavor that will set the tone for your Friday and beyond.
And if you don’t feel like mixing your own, you can always stop by one of our Nordstrom restaurants to have one prepared for you.
1/2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice, strained
3/4 oz crème de violette liqueur
1 1/2 oz gin
1 scoop ice
2 oz ginger beer
1 bar spoon maraschino cherry syrup
1 large ice cube
2 maraschino cherries
1. In a pint glass, add the lime juice, crème de violette, gin and ice.
2. Cap and shake vigorously about 20 times.
3. Remove cap and add ginger beer to shaker before straining.
4. Using a bar spoon add cherry syrup into the bottom of the empty glass, then place a large ice cube in the glass.
5. Slowly strain cocktail over the large ice cube into the glass.
6. Garnish with two maraschino cherries.