Hair Fit for a Goddess at Marchesa Bridal Spring 2017 Presentation | Backstage Beauty
Like Aphrodite rising from Cyprian sea foam or a woodland nymph appearing in the brush, the models in Marchesa’s Spring 2017 bridal collection emerged with natural elements woven into their hair and earrings. Flowers, pearls and clustered crystals framed their faces and crowned their hair. These accessories complemented the airy dresses, themselves decorated in floral appliqués often encrusted with beads and jewels to simulate fresh dew.
To achieve the divinely subtle beauty presented with this collection, Marchesa kept the makeup glowing but minimal, with shimmery liner on the inner eye. Cascading hair was given a light wave then braided into wreaths. Inspired by Eos, the Greek goddess of dawn, Kevin Hughes for MOROCCANOIL created an ethereally romantic but modern hairstyle.
Here’s how to get the goddess look:
1. To create the perfect styling foundation and boost the hair’s manageability and shine, prep damp hair with a dime-size amount of MOROCCANOIL Treatment Light.
3. Starting at the top of the ear, create a horizontal anchor braid from ear to ear, underneath hair.
4. Next, create a deep center part and separate hair into even sections. Using a 1 ½ inch curling iron, wrap each section around the barrel leaving the ends loose to create a gentle bend.
5. Spray each section with MOROCCANOIL Luminous Hair Spray Strong to ensure hold.
6. Next, take a section of hair from the right side of the head and split into two sections. Cross the right section of hair over the left section to begin forming the rope-twist braid—secure with a clear elastic. Repeat on the left side.
7. Bring each braid across the back of the head and pin into anchor braid. Tuck ends of braid under to conceal and secure with hair pins.
8. Spray an even amount of MOROCCANOIL Dry Texture Spray to create touchable texture.
9. Pin floral and jeweled accessories above the braid and secure with hair pins.
10. Finish with a light mist of MOROCCANOIL Luminous Hair Spray Strong for long-lasting hold.