Bella Hadid, Alessandra Ambrosio and Kirsten Dunst’s Cannes Beauty with Charlotte Tilbury
There is no more glamorous an event than the Cannes Film Festival on the French Riviera. The international awards show that celebrates global cinema attracts the world’s loveliest and most accomplished celebrities. So naturally Charlotte Tilbury’s team would be on hand to help a handful of models and starlets look camera ready.
Here are her tips for getting the looks seen on these famous faces.
Bella Hadid secured supermodel status on the red carpet at the 69th annual Cannes Film Festival’s Opening Night Gala. Bella joined a glittering array of stars, wearing a nude, embellished cutout Roberto Cavalli gown designed by Peter Dundas. The dress was complemented by a natural, clean and bright makeup look by artist Patrick Ta for Charlotte Tilbury. Ta created a look that focused on a flawless, contoured complexion, soft, smoky eyes, and a nude lip.
Here, Ta shares the steps for creating Bella’s red-carpet look:
- Patrick prepped Bella’s skin with a generous layer of Charlotte Tilbury’s signature Charlotte’s Magic Cream to create a smooth, flawless base and give the complexion a soft, luminous glow.
- Next, he lightly applied Light Wonder foundation in shade 3 to ensure Bella’s complexion looked clean and bright (a look favored by the glamorous model). Then, he used The Retoucher concealer in shade 2 to mask any imperfections.
- Ta continued by contouring Bella’s killer cheekbones using Charlotte’s cult favorite, Filmstar Bronze & Glow. Notes Patrick: “This product photographs amazingly, and Bella loves a softly contoured look.”
- He finished Bella’s glowing complexion by dabbing Cheek to Chic blusher in First Love on the apples of her cheeks for a “healthy flush.” He then followed with a light dusting of Air Brush Flawless Finish in shade 1 to ensure long wear.
- Bella wanted her eyes to look “clean and bright.” To achieve this, Ta layered The Sophisticate eyeshadow from Charlotte’s Luxury Palette with The Dolce Vita—a rich, chocolate-brown shade. With an angled brush, he drew a thin wing, starting halfway along the eyelid and smudging outward for a smoky-eye effect.
- To achieve that red-carpet glamour, Ta curled Bella’s lashes using Charlotte’s Life Changing Lashes curler, then applied two coats of Charlotte’s new Legendary Lashes mascara for an instant false-lash effect.
- To complete the look, Ta applied the fresh, nude-toned K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick in Penelope Pink, which complemented Bella’s naturally flushed cheeks and signature effortless beauty.
Alessandra Ambrosio proved her supermodel status on the red carpet at the premiere of The Unknown Girl (La fille inconnue) during the 69th annual Cannes Film Festival. She wore a daring, silver, glittery Michael Kors gown that was perfectly complemented by a sultry makeup look by artist Patrick Ta for Charlotte Tilbury. Patrick created a look that focused on Alessandra’s flawless facial framework, a feline smoky eye and and an effortlessly cool flesh-toned lip.
Here, Patrick shares his steps for creating Alessandra’s red-carpet look:
- First, he prepped her freshly cleansed skin with a generous layer of Charlotte Tilbury’s signature Charlotte’s Magic Cream, to give the complexion a smooth and luminous base. Patrick notes: “The super hydration from this moisturizer allows the makeup to lie beautifully on the skin.”
- Next, Patrick applied a thin layer of Light Wonder Foundation in shade 5 to make Alessandra’s complexion look clean and bright, then concealed under-eye imperfections using The Retoucher in shade 2.
- He continued by lightly contouring the Victoria’s Secret model’s killer cheekbones using every celebrity’s red-carpet fave, Filmstar Bronze & Glow. He used the highlight shade along the high point of the cheeks because, as he says, “This product photographs so well!”
- He finished off the glowing complexion with Cheek to Chic blusher in First Love on the apples of Alessandra’s cheeks, for that “healthy flush,” then followed with a light dusting of Air Brush Flawless Finish in shade 3 to ensure long wear.
- Alessandra wanted a cat eye, so Patrick used Luxury Palette eyeshadow in The Dolce Vita all over the eye, followed by the iconic Feline Flick. He drew a thin line starting halfway along the eyelid, outward on an angle.
- To achieve that red-carpet glamour, Patrick curled Alessandra’s lashes using the Life Changing Lashes curler, then applied two coats of Charlotte’s new Legendary Lashes mascara, for an instant false-lash effect.
- To complete the look, he applied the flesh-toned K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick in Hepburn Honey to complement Alessandra’s naturally chiseled cheeks and stunning supermodel looks.
69th annual Cannes Film Festival jury member and 1990s icon Kirsten Dunst proved herself a timeless beauty on the red carpet at the Loving premiere. This week has seen Kirsten experiment with beauty looks, but tonight she returned to her signature retro style in a Dior Couture gown embroidered with lilies of the valley, and she complemented it with a beauty look by makeup artist Mary Wiles for Charlotte Tilbury. Wiles created a polished, modern update of retro red-carpet glamour with a softly contoured, flawless complexion, smoldering eye, and a ruby-red lip.
Below, Mary shares her steps for creating Kirsten’s red-carpet look:
- Mary began by prepping Kirsten’s skin using Charlotte’s Multi-Miracle Glow, applied first as a mask to moisturize skin and stimulate microcirculation; she then gently wiped the mask off with a warm towel. She applied a generous layer of Charlotte’s signature Charlotte’s Magic Cream to give the complexion a luminous glow and create a smooth, flawless base. Lip Magic was then dabbed onto Kirsten’s lips to ensure they’d stay well hydrated.
- Next, Wiles applied Wonderglow to cheekbones and temples for a gorgeous soft focus and instant “spotlight” effect. Magic foundation in shade 3 blended out over Kirsten’s T-zone ensured a flawless complexion, and The Retoucher in shade 2 concealed any imperfections. And Mini Miracle Eye Wand in shade 1 brightened under the eyes.
- To accentuate Kirsten’s natural facial framework, Wiles contoured her features using the perennial red-carpet favorite, Filmstar Bronze & Glow.
- Wiles finished off Kirsten’s glowing complexion with Cheek to Chic blusher in Love is the Drug on the apples of the cheeks, for a youthful flush of color, followed by a light dusting of Air Brush Flawless Finish in shade 1 to ensure long wear.
- Kirsten wanted her eyes to dazzle in front of the cameras. To achieve this, Wiles applied Eyes to Mesmerise in Bette with her finger. The Feline Flick was applied along the lash line and outward, to elongate the shape of the eye. Then Wiles used Color Chameleon pencil in Black Diamonds on top of the liner and extended outward for definition, smudging for a smoky-eye effect.
- To achieve true red-carpet glamour, Wiles applied two coats of Charlotte’s new Legendary Lashes mascara for an instant false-lash effect. She confirmed that Kirsten likes her brows well defined and applied Brow Lift in Brooke S to fill in any gaps.
- To complete the look, Wiles applied the retro-chic Matte Revolution in Red Carpet Red and lined with Lip Cheat in Savage Rose for that perfect pout.
SHOP: Charlotte Tilbury