Kore Swim’s Best Summer Bets | Pop-In Goes Poolside
Jessica and Nicole Tracy, the sisters behind Kore Swim, can bring their notion of personal beauty and positive self image back to one simple phrase from a Jefferson Airplane song: “You’re only as pretty as you feel.” (The philosophy is right there on the So-Cal-based swimwear line’s About Us page.) And hey you know what? Same goes for a poolside summer:
You’re as fun as you can dream yourself to be, girl. So let’s do this.
The Tracy sisters before business plans and conference rooms were a thing
Jessica and Nicole gave us their download on summer’s best entertainment—and the poolside’s best looks.
Top 10 Summer Movies
1. Dirty Dancing
2. Blue Crush
3. Wet Hot American Summer
4. The Virgin Suicides
5. Great Expectations
6. Point Break
7. The Graduate
Benjamin Braddock gets poolside in 1967’s The Graduate—oh, you like Mrs. Braddock’s cap? Check this one out.
8. Moonrise Kingdom
9. The Talented Mr. Ripley
10. Aloha (Haven’t seen it yet, but it’s at the top of our list!)
Nicole and Jessica Tracy of Koreswim
Top 5 Summer Reads
1. Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham
2. The Gentlewoman magazine (need to get caught up on the past two issues)
Take Bjork and the UK’s best magazine poolside this summer
3. Anything by David Sedaris
4. Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
5. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand (This is the summer I’m finally going to commit to finishing this book! —Nicole)
Top 3 trends to rock at the pool with Kore Swim:
1. We love these metallic silver slides from Ancient Greek Sandals; they’re simple, unfussy and the silver makes them exciting, not just your boring old sandal.
2. A wide brimmed hat from Rag & Bone to not only look polished poolside but also to protect against sun damage!
3. Obsessed with Illesteva sunglasses right now, especially the mirrored lens ones, and will definitely be rocking these at the pool all summer.