Look Extraordinary Every Day with These Tips from Tibi’s Show | Backstage Beauty
Amy Smilovic seems to cannily know what women want to wear. Her modern-yet-romantic, professional-yet-playful designs recognize the complexity of contemporary femininity without undermining it. Working dames would delight to have a closet of just Tibi clothes. Even with that strict allegiance, they’d never suffer to find something ideal for the weekend or a fancy party.
So, too, did the beauty at Tibi‘s Fall 2017 show cater to women with plenty of cares beyond lipstick—but those who still want a bit of tint on their way out the door.
Get the makeup:
Bobbi Brown lead artist Cassandra Garcia created a gorgeous everyday-woman look for the Tibi show. The delicate combination of colors brings out the most beautiful aspect in everyone. It was a look designed to be about the woman, not about the makeup, with simply lovely results.
2. For cheek color, instead of blush, Cassandra worked with a bronzer, which gave the skin a pretty glow and some definition, but not too big a pop of color.
4. Brows were softly defined. Extra mascara was used on the top lashes for a bright, open-eyed look.
5. As the final touch, soft Pale Mauve lipstick pulled the prettiness together.
SHOP: Bobbi Brown
Get the hair:
Hair for the Tibi show was created by Frank Rizzieri for Aveda. Frank adores working with Amy and is a fixture at many of her shows. This year’s Tibi collection had a strong menswear influence, so to complement it, Frank was careful to make the hair simply elegant without being too “done.”
1. If the girls had fringe, he left it as is; otherwise, he swept the hair over in a deep side part.
2. Volumizing Tonic was applied, and then a curling iron was used to create a slight bend in the hair for a current but simple wave. (Frank’s go-to Aveda products, in addition to the Volumizing Tonic, are Brilliant Damage Control and Thickening Tonic for natural, lovely locks.)
Get the nails:
JINsoon’s nail inspiration came from the ease and simplicity of menswear. The concept of elevated layering inspired both Amy and Jin Soon Choi to incorporate a bright, unexpected pop of color on only one nail on each hand, while the other nails were kept very natural with a glossy finish.
Each model wore a different color depending on her clothes. The colors this season are Heirloom, Pop Orange, Charme, Hope and Cool Blue—all new for the Fall 2017 collection.