Maggie Gyllenhaal and Poppy Delevingne’s Met Gala Makeup by Charlotte Tilbury | Get The Look
In which we share these tips from makeup artist to the stars Charlotte Tilbury to help you recreate some of the fiercest looks seen at this week’s Met Ball.
Actress Maggie Gyllenhaal attended the Met Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art wearing an amazing Roland Mouret gown that needed little embellishment. Together with her team, Charlotte created a simple yet sultry beauty look, topped off with a bold red lip.
Here’s how to re-create Maggie’s makeup look:
1. Maggie’s skin was prepped with the Goddess Skin Clay Mask, Magic Cream and WonderGlow Instant Soft-Focus Beauty Flash Primer for a perfect canvas. Her complexion was perfected with Light Wonder Youth-Boosting Perfect Skin Foundation in 4 and 5. Then The Retoucher Conceal & Treat Stick in 2 and 3 were used to conceal any imperfections. Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder in Shade 2 was then swept over Maggie’s cheekbones.
2. Maggie’s eyebrows were sculpted with the Brow Lift in Grace K.
3. Eyes to Mesmerise in Jean and Marie Antoinette and The Golden Goddess Luxury Palette were used on Maggie’s eyelids for a sophisticated, creamy look. To lengthen her lashes, the Full Fat Lashes Mascara was used.
4. Filmstar Bronze & Glow was used to sculpt and highlight Maggie’s face, with a focus on her temples and cheeks which were accentuated with Charlotte Tilbury x Norman Parkinson Colour of Youth Lip & Cheek Glow.
5. On Maggie’s lips, the artist used Matte Revolution Lipstick in Red Carpet Red (available July 29th).
6. Supermodel Body was applied to Maggie’s limbs to create the illusion of longer legs and arms, with a hint of shimmer.
Fashion muse Poppy Delevingne turned heads at the Met Gala wearing a Marchesa gown embellished with red poppies, and complemented it with makeup by Charlotte Tilbury’s lead artistry team. Poppy’s beauty look was modern and glamourous with a nude lip and dramatic Dolce Vita eye to play up her multi-dimensional gown and plunging neckline.
Here is how to re-create Poppy’s makeup look:
1. First, Poppy’s skin was prepped with the Goddess Skin Clay Mask, Charlotte’s Magic Cream and WonderGlow–flawless red carpet skin essentials that Charlotte calls “The Gift of Goddess Skin.”
2. Her complexion was perfected with a mixture of Light Wonder Youth-Boosting Perfect Skin Foundation in 3 Fair and 5 Medium and Air Brush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder in 2 Medium to correct any discoloration and imperfections.
3. Next, her brows were sculpted with the Brow Lift Three-Way Shape, Lift and Shade Tool in Grace K.
4. Poppy’s dramatic eyes were created by first using the Bronzed Garnet Colour Chameleon as a base colour all over the lid.
5. Using The Dolce Vita Luxury Eyeshadow Palette, the Prime shade was dusted under the brows. Then, the Enhance shade was applied to the crease, and the Smoke shade was applied at the lash line and lightly underneath the eye.
6. Poppy’s eyes were defined with in Rock ‘N’ Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil in Barbarella Brown along the lash line and water line of the eyes.
7. Then, the Pop shade of The Dolce Vita Luxury Eyeshadow Palette was applied to the lids for amped-up glamour.
8. Lashes were defined and amplified with Full Fat Lashes Mascara.
9. Filmstar Bronze & Glow was used with the Powder & Sculpt Brush to sculpt and highlight Poppy’s facial framework, and her cheeks which were accentuated with Cheek to Chic Swish & Pop Blush in Ecstasy.
10. Poppy’s lips were lined with Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk and filled in with K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Penelope Pink and Lip Lustre Luxe Colour-Lasting Lip Lacquer in Seduction.
11. To complete Poppy’s look, Supermodel Body Slimmer Shimmer: Shape, Hydrate & Glow was applied all over her body for a radiant glow.
Shop all: Charlotte Tilbury makeup