Makeup How-To: Apply Eyeshadow Three Ways + Pro Tips from Bobbi Brown
Meet your new favorite thing in beauty: the Nordstrom-exclusive Bobbi Brown Everything Eyes Palette. With nine day-to-night eyeshadows and four pro brushes—all handpicked by Brown herself—this versatile compact is powered up to take you anywhere you want to go. To prove it, Bobbi Brown sent us three of her favorite ready-for-anything looks along with her steps to create each: classic, smoky and party eyes. Get her how-tos and pro tips after the jump.
It’s easy. It’s fast. And it goes with any look.
- Sweep Bone Eyeshadow from lash line to brow bone with the Mini Eyeshadow Brush.
- Dust Birch Eyeshadow on the lower lid.
- Apply Brown Eyeshadow along upper and lower lash lines with the Mini Eyeliner Brush.
- Layer two coats of Eye Opening Mascara* on top lashes.
Bobbi’s pro secret: To open up and highlight the eyes, pat Ivory Shadow on the brow bone. For more intense liner, dampen the Mini Eyeliner Brush before dipping it into the shadow.
Start light at the beginning of the day, then amp it up later.
- Apply Bone Eyeshadow all over the lid using the Mini Eyeshadow Brush.
- Dip the Mini Angled Eyeshadow Brush into both Hot Stone Metallic and Royal Navy Eyeshadows, then sweep from lower lid to crease.
- Apply a bold line of Royal Navy along the top lash line using a dampened Mini Eyeliner Brush, then use remaining shadow on the brush on the lower lash line.
- Double line the top lash line and rim the lower with Black Ink Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner* with the Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush*.
- Apply three coats of mascara to top lashes, one coat on bottom.
Bobbi’s pro secret: Make sure top and bottom liner meet at the outer corner of the eye. To make it last longer, first prep your eyelids with Long-Wear Eye Base*.
Glamour is easier than you think (and tons of fun).
- Apply Ivory Eyeshadow over the lid with the Mini Eyeshadow Brush.
- Sweep Buff Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow from lash line to just above the crease using the Mini Angled Eyeshadow Brush.
- Layer on Halo Sparkle Eyeshadow for additional shimmer and dimension.
- Create a bold line across the eyelid with Black Ink Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner*. Extend past the outer corner of the eye and end in a fine point.
- Layer at least three coats of Extreme Party Mascara* on top.
Bobbi’s pro secret: When lining your eyes, tilt your head back slightly to apply liner as close to the lash roots as possible. After applying your eye makeup, add a touch of Halo Sparkle Shadow at the inner corners of your eyes for the perfect touch of shimmer.
*Products sold separately.