Makeup How-To: Get a Natural, Glowing Makeup Look from Day to Night with Charlotte Tilbury
Here comes Charlotte Tilbury to the rescue! She’s created an understated, glowing look that highlights the natural beauty in every woman, and she’s sharing her expert secrets. To re-create this gorgeous and universally flattering look, here are her step-by-step instructions and products you’ll need—including her newest launch, the Instant Look in a Palette. Designed to take you from day to night, this gotta-have-it palette contains products you can dial back for the desk or amp up for dinner out.
For the day look:
- To create the natural, polished daytime look, start with Light Wonder foundation to get perfect coverage in a lightweight formula. Apply by blending it into your skin from the middle outward. (Secret Tip: For supermodel skin, mix a bit of your foundation with Wonderglow for a gorgeous, glowing complexion.)
- Use The Retoucher to make imperfections disappear and minimize pores, lines and wrinkles. Twist up the end and apply a small amount of concealer directly onto your imperfection. Pat concealer into the targeted area with your ring finger, using the lightest touch. Build up layers to your desired coverage.
- Next, use the new Instant Look in a Palette. A must-buy ahead of summer, the formulas are easy to blend and come in a format that’s easy to use. Apply Eye Brighten (#1) all over the lid using a blender brush. Used to prime, it has a matte texture and is emollient-rich to smooth the eyelid.
- Then apply Eye Enhance (#2) to the outer socket and run it underneath the eye with a smudger brush. This satin shade blends easily with all of the other colors.
- Line the upper lash line with The Classic eye powder pencil in Audrey.
- Finish with lashings of Full Fat Lashes mascara.
- Create a beautiful, sun-kissed highlight with Face Bronze (#4), blending it all over the face where the sun would naturally hit. The bronzer has been specially blended to sculpt any skin tone.
- Next, use the best-selling Lip Cheat in Pillowtalk, a rich, velvety lip liner that glides on effortlessly and has the power to re-shape, re-size and balance your lips. Outline starting with the corner of the top lip. For the perfect supermodel pout, cheat and balance the lip shape and size by drawing over the outer edge of your natural lip line.
- Complete by filling in your lips with the matching K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick in Bitch Perfect.
To take this look into the evening:
- Using the smudger brush, apply Eye Smoke (#3) along upper lash line and underneath. This matte shade is rich in pigment to create a dramatic effect.
- With Face Bronze (#4) and a Powder & Sculpt brush, suck in your cheeks and follow the hollow to create a more defined contour.
- For a dreamy glow, glide Face Highlight (#7) along the tops of the cheekbones. The highlighter is universally flattering and uses Light Flex Technology to create a luminous complexion.
- Apply Cheek Swish (#5) along the cheekbones and Cheek Pop (#6) onto the apples of your cheeks. Color-rich crushed pearls smooth and buff the skin for optimal and even application, while hydrating polymers nourish the skin and replace the talc content that causes a dusty, lackluster finish.
- Complete the perfect evening-out look with Matte Revolution lipstick in Bond Girl.