Positively Clairvoyant by stila at Alice + Olivia | Backstage Beauty
In case you missed it, our resident Fashion Month foot soldier (editor-on-the-ground Laura Cassidy) reported on Alice + Olivia’s Sacred-Grove-inspired presentation on Tuesday. Now, we’re catching up with Sarah Lucero, lead artist at stila, to chat about how she created a makeup look to match the over-the-top old world kitsch and all that embroidery.
All photos by Masha Maltsava
To riff on Alice + Olivia creative director Stacey Bendet’s love of turbans, long, loose waves and spiritual positivity, Sarah drew inspiration from tarot card readers of the 1800s.
How to get the positively clairvoyant look:
1. Sarah starts her models off with the complexion-perfecting Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer.
2. For the mellow mauve cheek, she blends shades from Convertible Color Dual Lip & Cheek Palette in Sunrise Splendor. Bonus: lips follow from this same palette, finished balm for extra shine.
3. Sarah used the Eyes are the Window Shadow Palette in Mind to create an underswept cateye, lilac pop on the lid and glittery glow in the corner. Layering on Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Black Amethyst & Purple Tang deepens the color around the eye and emphasizes the angle of the cateye.
4. For the big, bold lashes there’s only one solution: HUGE Extreme Lash Mascara in Black.
5. Finally, brows are really defined and filled with Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color.
Voilà. A totally modern, “get noticed” look that you can actually rock all day.