Radiant Spirit by NARS at Rodarte | Backstage Beauty
As our fearless editor-on-the-ground, Laura Cassidy, reported yesterday from the front row of Rodarte, Kate and Laura Mulleavy’s Spring collection was inspired by The Spirit of the Beehive, a 1970’s Spanish film with two young sisters (and their charming childlike imaginations) at the heart of the story.
Runway image: Indigital Images
All Backstage Images: Masha Maltsava
To play off the youthful and dreamy vibe of the collection, James Kaliardos at NARS created a makeup look that’s fresh and radiant—but it’s not about going bare-faced. The trick is his genius combination of products to get a natural glow. Because some of these items won’t be available until February 2017, we substituted your best bets for the here-and-now.
How to get the radiant spirit look:
- Prep skin with NARS Skin Luminous Moisture Cream and NARS Skin Total Replenishing Eye Cream to minimize dryness, puffiness and circles.
- Pat concealer gently under the eyes to reduce the evidence of a late night (not uncommon during Fashion Week). NARS is coming out with a stellar new matte option in the spring, but NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer will work beautifully.
3. Even out your skin tone with a dime-sized dollop of NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. The sheer formulation is just right for a fresh-faced effect. Plus, you get the added benefit of a broad-spectrum sunscreen (SPF 30).
4. Make eyes pop with a swipe of St-Paul-de-Vence from the NARS Duo Eyeshadow palette (the darker shade) brushed on lids and brow bone. Next, apply Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Rue Bonaparte along the top lash line. Along the bottom lash line, apply Mediteranee eyeshadow and smudge with your finger.
5. Swipe on a coat of NARS Brow Gel in Oural to tame stray brows.
6. Finish the look with NARS Audacious Lipstick in Natalie.
If you’re looking for new manicure ideas, try this unexpected touch of glittering gold polish (applied along the cuticle edge) over a nude-color base.