Seriously Glam at Cushnie et Ochs with M·A·C, Christian Louboutin Nails & MOROCCANOIL | Backstage Beauty
Sometimes only va-va-voom beauty will do. Cushnie et Ochs’s very sexy Spring 2017 collection featured thigh-high slits, vertiginous necklines and cinched waists in Miami Vice flamingo pinks and stark whites. Only shiny bombshell locks, perfectly manicured long nails and bold lips could possibly further the overt glamour of the looks on the runway.
Photos by Masha Maltsava
Cushnie et Ochs couldn’t have found better beauty partners to accomplish their high-wattage glamour than MOROCCANOIL for the models’ glowing manes, Christian Louboutin for the nude French-tipped nails and M·A·C for an inventive, two-toned cherry lip. Because first you get the clothes, then you get the makeup, then you get the power—that seemed to be the label’s playbook for spring.
How to get the hair:
Cushnie et Ochs’s Spring 2017 collection tackled 1980s Miami, with obvious homage paid to Michelle Pfeiffer’s character, Elvira Hancock in Scarface. MOROCCANOIL got Hollywood hair luster in six steps.
- Prep damp hair by applying MOROCCANOIL Treatment from root to tip for manageability and long-lasting shine.
- Add a quarter-size amount of MOROCCANOIL Thickening Lotion for fullness and volume.
- Separate the hair into 2-inch sections and blow-dry smooth using the MOROCCANOIL Tourmalite Ceramic Hair Dryer; bring the ends in as you go.
- Once hair is dry, use a 1 1/2-inch curling iron to create a slight bend in the front sections of the hair only. The broken wave helps to accentuate the cheekbones.
- Next, use a fine-tooth comb to create a deep side part. Use the highest point of your eyebrow to guide where you want the line of your part to fall.
- Finish by misting the entire head with MOROCCANOIL Luminous Hairspray Medium for a smooth, sleek and luminous finish.
How to get the nails:
For Cushnie et Ochs, Christian Louboutin created a kind of reconstructed French manicure, for which they made the sliver of white polish increasingly thicker for each finger in closer proximity to the thumb, starting with just a line of white on the pinkie nail.
How to get the makeup:
A bold, multihued lip was the centerpiece of this bombshell beauty look. M·A·C artists got playful with the pout but kept all other areas of the face sleek and well defined.
- Begin with a dewy foundation.
- Apply a barely there contour to the cheek hollows, above the brow and along the nose ridge.
- Dab a pinkish blush on the apple of the cheek ever so barely.
- Add a red cherry lip liner to the top lip; apply pink to the bottom. Blend and apply a red and pink lipstick, respectively.
- Shape, groom and define the brow.
- Apply mascara to the top eyelashes only.
- Add a matte brown shadow to the eyelid.