Stardust Eyes by stila at Vivienne Tam | Backstage Beauty
Inspired by the diverse cultural scene in Houston, designer Vivienne Tam presented a playful mashup of prints, patchwork and embellishment for spring 2017. Her central themes wittily combined the awesomeness of the NASA space station with the cowboy machismo of The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. The logos from these two venerable institutions even appeared on some of the looks in the collection.
Photos by Lauren Stocker
Runway image: Indigital Images
To complement the Americana vibe of the show, stila artists gave the models a fun, slightly futuristic face. Eyes, dusted with stardust were the dominant feature, with low-key lips and cheeks as the perfect counterpoint.
How to get a look that’s out of this world:
- Skin was perfected with stila ‘stay all day’ foundation and concealer, followed by stila ‘stay all day’ bronzer for face & body to give the cheeks a soft glow.
- To create the base for the stardust eyes, stila ‘magnificent metals foil finish eye shadow’ in dusty rose was brushed all over the lids with a sweep of soft brown pencil smudged across the lids as a guideline.
- Next, a bold stroke of stila ‘stay all day waterproof liquid liner’ adds a vibrant pop of color in periwinkle.
- Lips are prepped with stila ‘lush lips water plumping primer,’ followed by a matte lip-colored balm.
- Artists also applied a touch of lip balm to the cheeks to up the reflective effect.
- Lashes look extra luxe and gorgeous with stila ‘HUGE’ extreme lash mascara in black.