Sun-Kissed Surfer Girls from NARS at Alexander Wang | Backstage Beauty
Photos by Masha Maltsava
On the runway the models wore deconstructed button-up shirts and board shorts; backstage you could find them all in Alexander Wang–themed airbrush tees as they got done up to look like they’d just spent a day surfing on the California coast, where the sand and saltwater lovingly teased their hair into mermaid waves and the sun softly kissed their cheeks.
NARS lead artist Diane Kendal tells us how the day-at-the-beach look was done.
How to get Alexander Wang’s surfer girl look:
1. Kendal started by prepping the models’ faces with Skin Luminous Moisture Cream.
2. Next she applied NARS Sheer Glow foundation for a light finish that keeps skin looking fresh and dewy.
3. Matte Multiple in Cappadoce was used on the cheeks. With her finger, she placed the color directly on the cheekbone and blended it in lightly so it would simulate a light sunburn or kiss. Don’t pull the color up all the way to the temples.
4. Next she lightly curled the lashes and added neutral shadow to the eyelids.
5. On the lips, Diane started with concealer to make them very neutral. Then she added a pretty natural nude gloss for subtle shine.