Throwback Thursday: Sweater Weather
Feel that chill in the air? It’s time to wear cozy clothes. But as fall kicks in, it’s still not quite the season for the heaviest coat in your closet. An in-between measure is in order.
Check out what these guys wore in our 1978 fall catalog. Maybe you’re not about to go hiking, or perhaps teach a college English class – which is what these gentlemen look like they’re going to do.
But if their style is at all your thing, let these men inspire you. They’re dressed for the weather. They’re looking right. Now it’s your moment to shine.
Style details to copy from this throwback image:
- Wear stripes. Especially in outdoorsy clothes, stripes evoke feelings of speed and teamwork. Good for maintaining a positive mental attitude as days get shorter.
- Wear work boots as regular boots. You probably already know you are allowed to do this, but just in case: steel-toed work boots make for good style even if you’re not on a construction site. The same goes for old-school hiking boots.
- Wear socks with your boat shoes. We know, this is widely considered a bad style move. Do it anyway, especially if you are mixing navy socks with brown boat shoes. Other combinations are certainly possible but the most foolproof is navy socks/brown boat shoes. The colors go together perfectly. This is a strong look, especially with faded jeans. Don’t let anyone tell you differently. Speaking of…
- Wear faded jeans. It doesn’t matter if they’re old or made to look old.
- Get a turtleneck or two. There’s a reason five out of the six men above are wearing one. They are versatile and can be layered under pretty much anything.
- Get a matching scarf and hat. It’s a little hey-look-at-me, but a Gucci knit hat and scarf combo will turn heads in the best possible way. Hit up your local Nordstrom (we don’t sell Gucci hats online) or give us a call to place an order over the phone: 1.888.282.6060.