Our latest Suit Fit Guide has everything you need—and then some—to achieve the perfect suit for your taste and physique:
1. Options to shop by three Fit categories—Classic, Trim, and Extra-Trim.
2. A video (above) that breaks down which Fit is right for you.
3. Tips on measuring, to ensure you order the right size.
4. An introduction to owning Made-to-Measure suits (even if you’re a 6′-11″ NBA center).
5. There’s even a comprehensive infographic, defining every detail from construction terminology to common fabrics and patterns. (Know the difference between glen plaid and herringbone? If you didn’t before, you do now.)
Of course, all that minutia adds up to one thing: looking good. Below are some outtakes from our video shoot, featuring our favorite suit of the day—an extra-trim peak-lapel in windowpane-plaid wool, made in Italy by Neil Barrett. (Curious about the backdrop? That’s Seattle’s Melrose Market, where sustainable sandwiches, vintage vinyl, and hard liquor all collide under one roof.)
SHOP: SUITS & SPORTCOATS
— — —
Speaking of suits, here’s a man who always knew how to wear them well: Parisian musical genius Serge Gainsbourg, seen here wooing Jane Birkin in the 1969 film Slogan.
[Still photos by Robin Stein; see more of his work here.]